The UX Designer is responsible for ensuring that certain of AZ’s digital products (websites, mobile apps, connected medical devices, etc.) are easy and satisfying to use. They follow a user-centred design process, collecting insights into what end-users want/ need from the product and applying those to create design specifications. They will understand the requirements from the business and work closely with technical teams (e.g. application developers) to ensure that the final product meets user needs.
• Understand the users of a digital product (e.g. website, mobile app); their needs, abilities and preferences
• Map the end-to-end, multi-channel user journey and where the digital product fits in
• Design the most important tasks for the user through flow diagrams and wireframes (e.g. Visio, Photoshop, Balsamiq) and/or interactive prototypes (e.g. Axure, InVision)
• Work with development teams to defend/ compromise UX designs during the build phase
UI/ Visual Designer
• Design usable, coherent and beautiful interfaces for digital products, documenting these designs using tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, etc.
• Create interactive prototypes and animations to describe the dynamic interaction of digital products
• Specify colour palettes, fonts, icons and other visual elements of a product (following brand guidelines)
• Gather insights to understand the different user groups of a digital product, their needs and preferences
• Moderate early research to collect new insights - e.g. interviews, focus groups, ethnographic research, observation
• Moderate usability research studies - e.g. lab tests, remote online tests - to validate prototyped UX designs
• Document/ communicate the findings/ recommendations from research, and ensure they are implemented
• Manage field research - e.g. field trials, beta launches - leading up to and beyond product launch
Skills and Capabilities
One or more of these technical skills:
• Experience creating information architectures, flows and wireframes, interactive prototypes, etc.
• Experience with UX Design and prototyping tools such as Visio, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Axure, InVision, etc.
• Experience moderating Usability lab testing and other research methodologies such as ethnography, observation, interviews, surveys, field trials, A/B testing
• Finely honed visual/ graphic design skills (colour, typography, layout, illustration) and proficiency using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Sketch
• An excellent listener, with the ability to quickly filter the relevant customer insights for design
• An excellent presenter, succinctly imparting UX designs, with appropriate rationale, in plain language
• A team player, able to collaborate closely with Product Managers, BAs, Technical Developers, etc.
• Able to successfully juggle the competing demands of multiple concurrent projects
• Understanding of front-end UI development technologies such as HTML, Responsive Web, Android/ iOS, etc.
• Experience in the visualisation of large data sets into dashboards, etc.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
• Degree-level qualification in UX, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or a related field
• Good understanding of UX / Usability principles
• Experience as a UX practictioner in a corporate or agency environment (not just academic)
• Experience working across digital channels, including fixed-web, tablet and mobile apps
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.