SR SOC Engineer
The cyber security engineer will work to maintain corporate wide information security data, infrastructure and process secure, to ensure that AstraZeneca’s information assets are adequately protected in relation to confidentiality, integrity and availability. The role is accountable for ensuring the task given are delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements, business requirements and customer experience expectations and meeting required quality and compliance to standards. The role is also required to work closely and collaboratively with other IT functions, AZ business areas and suppliers. Cyber security senior engineer may also be an individual contributor, working in a security speciality supporting the wider security function
• Assess delivered services against relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and customer satisfaction requirements and lead reviews of volumetrics in relation to consumption of services, performance & compliance of the operational control
• Ensure service delivery processes is accordance with AstraZeneca standards and procedures
• Ensure that key service support processes are effective and satisfactory
• Engage with key stakeholders to understand business challenges and identify current and future requirements so that demand for externally provided services is captured, prioritized and met.
• Work collaboratively with other IT functions
• Undertake ongoing review of processes, procedures and SLAs, influencing modifications and enhancements of services
• Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of support and provide recommendations for savings and improvements
• Drive Service Improvement Plans for major incidents, process defects and instances of customer dissatisfaction as well as proactively identify future opportunities
• Provide input to design and development of service solutions, technology, processes, information and measurements to meet documented business requirements and outcomes.
• Provide a single, consistent source of information on all agreed services ensuring availability to those with approval to access
• Ensure given services have appropriate on-going recovery capability within IT services to match the agreed needs, requirements and timescales of the business
Essential Skills and Qualifications
7 yrs + Experience in security technologies and processes in a complex, multinational, corporate environment required • Technical or business degree or relevant proven experience
• ITIL training / service management accreditation
• Experience of developing and managing relationships with suppliers
• Application of security policies, procedures and guidelines and providing expertise to business group
• Experience of risk management and assessment
A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
• Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
• Ability to prioritize, re-schedule and adapt to changes in a dynamic environment
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills
• Proven business acumen, intellectual capability, verbal and written communication / customer support / interpersonal / presentation / conflict resolution skills
• Willing to learn and able to manage ambiguity and operate effectively with little supervision
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.