At AZ we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. If you want to be part of a creative organization, with the ambition and capability to make a significant difference to patients’ lives then you should come and talk to us!
You'll work in Enabling Units IT, in our HR and Learning capabilty It’s an exciting time to join us, as we set out on our journey to provide the “Best IT for the BioPharma Industry”. Our goal is to position IT as a strategic-enabler and we do this by focusing on close business partnership, defining and executing business-aligned strategies, and finding and developing the best IT talent in the industry. You will be leading/contributing to business analysis on strategic projects that help our HR and Learning teams protect our employees. You will collaborate directly with the AZ Business stakeholders who are working in those functions, our business relationship managers and the technology teams crafting and delivering our enabling technology.
We have an ITBusiness Analyst role based in Guadalarja that will support our HR and Learning capability across our offices in the US, UK and Sweden.
The incumbent should deliver tangible and measurable value to our HR and Learning business domain areas supporting our Learning Transformation Program.
The ITBusiness Analyst is expected to perform at Experienced Level the following:
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals. Actively monitors and identifies capability gaps and proposes potential solutions through research internally and externally.
- Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own and other team member’s activities to meet deliverables and deadlines. Accountable for performance and quality of analytical work delivered, both their own and the work of others.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies stakeholders from all areas of the business, and actively builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible and accountable for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Highly responsive to changing business priorities with ability to plan ahead, accounting for potential changes and corrective actions. Advanced requirements elicitation and management skill-set; including traceability, testing and validation. Leads the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case Definition - Shapes and defines the business case, producing detailed business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Solution Evaluation - Highly proficient in analyzing and assessing solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend.
Work collaboratively with:
- Business Relationship Managers to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process changes and act as point of contact for application development
- Various levels of Business Stakeholders to ensure that solutions fulfill their future strategic needs and challenges
- Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands
- Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness
- IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
Work collaboratively with or take some responsibility for:
- Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution.
- Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Formal certification in business analysis practice preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Business Analyst preferred
- Experience of successfully deploying business analysis tools/techniques to enable business change
- Experience of working with complex integrated systems, using creative and strategic thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Engagement, communication, and stakeholder management skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
- Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Established knowledge of or some experience of the HR domain and /or Process
- Practical usage of Agile Methodology
- Experience of working in a global organization with complex/geographical context
- Exposure to User Centered Design and Design thinking (User Experience, Prototyping, User Interface Design and Business Process Design)
In our dynamic environment, be supported by the brightest minds working together side by side. Agile and collaborative, we work cross-functionally, as well as externally, to thrive at pace.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecamexico/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.