Trade Operations Analyst
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Trade Operations Analyst, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Trade Operations Analyst is responsible for managing contractual agreements with Wholesalers / Specialty Wholesalers related to key performance indicators and metrics, as well as maintaining collaborative working relationships with internal and external contacts and peers to ensure effective communication and a high-level of customer service. Trade Operations Analysts are responsible for supporting seamless execution of customer order fulfilment, claims management, order monitoring, and contract administration processes. The Trade Operations Analyst is responsible for working with internal/external customers on all aspects of Market Access; Master Data, Contracting, Membership, Chargebacks and Rebates. Trade Operations Analyst will also be expected to participate in and lead cross-functional projects within US Market Access.
· Manage Wholesale Distribution Agreements (WDA), Distribution Service Agreement (DSA), Specialty Wholesaler Distribution Agreements (SWDA), Specialty Distributor Services Agreement (SDSA)
· Manage day to day relationships with third party vendors in support of Expired Returned Goods, DSA and SDSA Data Management
· Executes the standard process to deliver product, in full, on time, ensuring standardized workflows
· Monitors and maintain compliance to Prescription Drug Marketing Act (PDMA), Good Manufacturing Practice, Safety Health and Environmental, Sarbanes-Oxley, business procedures, raising and addressing issues as they arise
· Responsible for Change Management activities as related to 3rd party GMP initiatives
· Supports budget delivery and the maintenance of internal systems as required
· Ensures alignment with key business areas and strategies including Commercial (Field Sales and Marketing), IS, Legal, Compliance & Monitoring, Supply Chain & Logistics, and Distribution
· Monitor orders and sales insight (daily)
· Responsible for the development, analysis and publication of performance metrics and coordination of performance improvement initiatives
· Validate, Monitor and Update Customer Master Data for chargeback related responsibilities.
· Work with Customer Facing Team and Customers to obtain accurate membership rosters for chargeback related responsibilities
· Process, monitor, review, measure, track, validate, research, analyze and report on customer activity/utilization reported by contract customers, wholesalers, and others using chargebacks, rebates and sales data.
· Meet and understand all compliance-related requirements such as completion of mandatory training, adherence to audit controls, and adherence to all AZ policies, SOPs, job aids, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
· Support Sales Order to Cash Process of New Product Launches, Product Integration and Product Divestments, and Price Increase Process
· Responsible for the SAP change management process. Identify opportunities for improved system functionality.
· Support all aspects of the FluMist Product seasonal lifecycle
· Support Synagis development of yearly dose plan with Manufacturing; update as needed to reflect contractual commitments, manufacturing issues, FDA delays and historical shipping
· Responsible for FluMist Launch every year in SAP including creation of annual NDC and all associated aspects of product that need to be created
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Logic and mathematical skills
· Highly proficient in Excel
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
· Strong communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and trends.
· Knowledge of mySAP and BI systems
· Understanding of AZ business model with specific knowledge of contract operations
· Pharmaceutical or related healthcare business experience
· Extensive knowledge of supply chain principles: GMP, GDP, PDMA regulations
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.