Marketing Manager, Consumer Digital
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. As a Marketing Manager, Consumer, for BYDUREON, in Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Marketing Manager, Consumer contributes to the development of marketing plans to maximize the value of AstraZeneca's portfolio and pipeline. The Marketing Manager is responsible for working with the Brand Leadership team to develop and measure aspects of the brand strategy with a specific focus on opportunity assessments and positioning for BYDUREON.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager, Consumer will lead the execution of the consumer multi-channel tactical marketing plan for BYDUREON. This position will work closely with Global Commercial Operations to support aspects of our messaging and execution to patients including in-office promotion, digital, social and other DTC channels. Manage ad agency performance and staffing to support brand goals.
You will collaborate with the Associate Directors to define and facilitate development of the brand’s promotional plan and programs and ensure their consistency with brand strategy. Partner with Business Insights and Market Research Team to define success metrics and analyze performance programs. Collaborate with other functional areas and lead the review process to ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials. Participate in the annual operational planning process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or in the sciences
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Results-driven consumer marketing experience with paid, owned and earned media
- Experience with audience segmentation, content strategy and CRM workflow development
- Experience with digital, social and mobile marketing channels, technology and analytics
- Ability to manage external vendors based on performance and results
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 5 years of marketing experience, 1-2 years in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry
- Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing, or Science
- Experience with digital media management, marketing automation and BI/analytic platforms
- Pharmaceutical experience in Diabetes
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.