Market Development Director Aerosphere
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Brand Director Market Development Respiratory, your accountability is on understanding of the needs that exist for improving the patient experiences with COPD on global scale. As part of your short-term tasks you will be asked to lead the development and execution of the ACT on COPD non-branded market development program, changing the current way of treatment criteria, from empirical to biology-led. Pilot program roll-out to test the strategy and then roll-out globally expected in 2020.
The successful individual will demonstrate strong skills in the areas of cross-functional coordination (specifically with medical, commercial and policy teams) and partnering externally with companies to identify critical capabilities needed for long term vision transform Act on COPD into a biology-led program.
Previous experience in market development programs and roll out, knowledge about multiple country environment and potential vendors providing services are essential to this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As the global Brand Director of Market Development, you will represent Global team and be accountable, creating and leading the Act on COPD team (1 people) within the global Breztri and Bevespi team, driving the global organization toward a full comprehension of the Act on COPD short- and long-term vision, including a biology-led treatment., developing the key support components / assets within the global Act on COPD program, identifying potential vendors for the services included into the platform for the main countries/regions to deliver a biology-led point of care and developing business case for additional resources needed to support long term vision based on insights and partnerships
As part of the GTA Respiratory, this portfolio is AstraZeneca’s next generation of inhaled products in both asthma and COPD.
Within the Respiratory GTA team and reporting to commercial Vice President, you lead the development of the market development strategy based on a robust insights platform and translate it into market development program and core deliverables, such as ACT ON COPD. All the work is led in close collaboration with the eight key markets globally (US, China, Japan, EU) to ensure global alignment behind the brand strategy.
In this position, you liaise cross functionally with colleagues in AZ from markets and other global functions such as Medical Affairs, clinical and Regulatory to shape the development of program.
In addition, you will be responsible for supporting the EU region, co-developing the commercialization plans for Bevespi and Breztri with the EU team, in line with the strategy. As the Brand Director, you work closely with the Global Commercial Operations team, in charge of Sales Excellence team & Launch readiness to ensure all the appropriate training, frameworks and tool are developed to support local launches. As part of your geographical remit, you will also lead the LRP and QBR exercises for Breztri and Bevespi in conjunction with the EU team.
The successful individual demonstrates strong skills in the areas of leadership, strategic thinking, decision making, communication ability to influence, problem solving and collaboration at both the global and country level.
In this role, you are accountable to:
- Lead the development of the global strategy for biology-ed treatment in-line with portfolio strategy.
- Ensure coordination with clinical team and medical team to deliver appropriate evidences.
- Ensure coordination with clinical team and medical team to deliver appropriate evidences to support Respiratory product launch.
- Be an active member of the cross-functional global commercial working group and Global Brand Team.
- Engage with the Global Head of COPD to ensure a precise and aligned execution of the promotional plan, with a specific focus on launch readiness in coordination with the Academy team.
- Provide promotional input to the global strategy / Brand Strategic Plan
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Significant experience in the respiratory therapeutic area, with inhaled respiratory brands
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch and launch specifically in Primary care environment
- In-depth understanding of commercial strategy, methodologies and tools (product profiling and positioning, forecasting, pricing & reimbursement, market research techniques, competitive intelligence resources)
- Proven experience of engaging with and leveraging insights from external customers e.g. KEEs, prescribers, payors
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases and generating sales forecasts
- Ability to understand and interpret clinical evidence and develop a strong plan of evidence generation in partnership with the markets
- Experience of shaping brand strategy whilst the understanding of product profile is evolving
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process and the need for commercial line of sight throughout
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of senior decision-making/governance bodies
- Strategic, decisive, problem-solver
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to ensure markets preparation and effective decision of senior leaders
- Proven ability to collaborate across functional boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to bring ideas to action
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Scientific Degree
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.