Learning Specialist - Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
By 2021, the Commercial Learning Innovation Centre (CLIC) will be a recognized, innovative, sought after learning organization, both inside and outside of AstraZeneca that is at the heart of building a world class commercial organization and creating a culture of lifelong learning.
As the Commercial Learning and Innovation Centre has emerged, its mandate is to influence content and deliver learning solutions to other parts of the Commercial organization. The Learning Specialist will report to the Director of Respiratory Learning and Development. Learning Specialists may be cross-trained on multiple brands to accommodate those business dynamics. The scope of this role will be to facilitate and implement learning solutions both within AstraZeneca's headquarters and in the field, and includes travel on occasion. This learning ranges from on boarding, product training, simulations week, and ongoing training related to promoted AZ brands, including launches. The learning specialist role also involves working collaboratively with colleagues across CLIC, Brand teams and Sales Leadership. Additionally, the role will be responsible for understanding the learning needs of the field and will identify and implement approved solutions.
- Delivers learning solutions to sales teams to meet the needs identified in the Commercial Learning plan, including product and disease state specific training integrated.
- Employs a patient centric mindset in design and execution putting the patient front and center throughout each learning interaction
- Brings innovative ideas and solutions to our current approach pushing the status quo in the spirit of constant improvement
- Lead or co-lead on boarding for new sales representatives, introducing them to the organization, providing them with initial learning materials, and facilitating their integration into the organization at the USBC.
- Lead or co-lead product sales training for existing portfolio and around new products and indications.
- Lead or co-lead selling skills education for new hire and existing sales representatives.
- Work collaboratively with sales leaders to identify learning needs and deliver approved solutions to sales representatives in the field.
- Work closely with peer learning specialists to understand training integration touch points
- Collaborate with internal CLIC partners, brand teams and external vendors to identify training needs and create and refine learning content for sales organization.
- Work closely with brand teams to integrate brand strategy into all learning content, both new hire and advanced.
- In tandem with CLIC Leadership, ensure field leadership is aligned with PSS learning initiatives.
- Identify and share best practices for learning that can be leveraged across other therapeutic areas.
- Align and implement department and commercial strategies, plans, and initiatives, and models behaviors consistent with organizational culture, values, and policies.
- Ensure compliance guidelines and accountabilities are clearly represented in all commercial learning material.
- Create or identify new learning concepts in order to continuously improve the quality and impact of learning within AstraZeneca.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare; preferably in Diabetes or CV
- Experience in training, curriculum design, and delivery preferred
- Embodies and promotes a growth mindset and one focused on life long learning.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of market dynamics within the respiratory area preferred
- Demonstrated consistent success as a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical sales representative role and it's alignment to 1AZSF and products promotion.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate ideas in large groups as well as one-on-one sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor individuals on selling skills and product information.
- Strong collaboration and networking skills to be able to counsel and influence peers effectively.
- Strong project management experience to set and manage priorities, resources, goals, and initiatives.
- Extensive business acumen related to marketplace.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively among diverse groups.
- Ability to adapt and promote change
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.