AstraZeneca is a global bio-pharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. Our growth platforms are doing deeply well, and the impact of our older products decline is reducing. We have a strong pipeline of potential new medicines, so we can be confident in our ability to sustain growth for years to come and make an even bigger difference to patients around the world.
At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a workplace culture that encourages innovation and teamwork. Our vision of an outstanding place to work is one in which all our employees are engaged and encouraged by a clear shared purpose and a compelling strategy; where they are encouraged to perform and develop to their full potential; and where they are supported by the right organisation design, culture, technology and processes.
As the Information Architect you will be accountable to provide solution design support in one of the below focused domains of architecture.
- Designs architectures, solution blueprints for projects or solutions that address business/application/data/infrastructure requirements
- Works with Business Analysis and Solution Engineering functions and supports functional & technical requirements management, including driving software selection processes
- Ensures that solution architectures and designs are appropriately robust and address business, application, information and infrastructure architectural requirements
- Accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements and are aligned to AstraZeneca’s Enterprise Architecture, in support of a given portfolio.
- The Information Architect will partner with project managers, business analysts, and solution engineers to create solutions that are aligned to AstraZeneca architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Within the solution development lifecycle the role will be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
- Provides technical & IT expertise support to project teams and conducts AZ architectural reviews throughout project lifecycle
- Ensures compliance with existing EA guidelines and standards (e.g. AZ Architecture Engagement Process (ISPMM) and EA Software Standards)
- Contributes to project and service teams in the development, implementation and maintenance of standard architectural components
- Works with third party suppliers as required and contributes to the creation of local or functional design documents
- Works with third party suppliers to verify technical development and delivery are in adherence with the Architecture Roadmap, Blueprint and Information Services Strategy
- Documents all architecture analysis and design work
- Develops strong knowledge and expertise in at least one architecture domain
- Contributes to the development of the Architecture Capability within Information Services, by documenting and sharing knowledge and best practices with peer Architects
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent
- Proven development/design experience in at least one technical domain.
- Experience of developing innovative solutions, blueprints, and standards for solution design.
- Experience implementing and maintaining business solution architectures under any formal framework for their domain of architecture.
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- Strong networking skills with good internal/external links
- Well developed communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Awareness of developments in the marketplace for domain focus and potential impact to AZ IS
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.