Global Medical Head, Respiratory
Position: Global Medical Head, Respiratory
Location: Gaithersburg MD; Wilmington DE; Cambridge UK; Gothenburg SE
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development
As the GlobalMedical Head, Respiratory, you will lead a team of Global Medical Leaders/Medical Execution Directors charged with providing expert Medical input into patient centric healthcare system change programs, as well as product lifecycle and launch plans. The team is focused on knowledge generation through non-registration trials, communication and education via publications and other media, as well as facilitating the input of external experts into global Medical.
What you’ll do
- Lead the Global Medical, Respiratory team
- Be responsible for the brand medical strategy, including all Life-Cycle Management
- Cross-functional leadership and collaboration across all global Medical functions (e.g. medical information, publications, MEOR, patient centricity, epidemiology) and the Global Product Team (commercial, R&D, regulatory, biostatistics etc)
- Design and Executive high impact Ph3b/4 clinical trials and Real World Evidence studies
- Advance the reputation of AstraZeneca and the Respiratory Medical Affairs organization with leading experts
Essential for the role
- MD/PhD/PharmD, with in-depth knowledge of Medical Affairs
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry in clinical development and/or medical at a global or regional level
- Strategic and medical leadership prowess
- Expertise in delivering new initiatives, capabilities and leading large scale impactful medical initiatives in a complex environment
- Strong working relationships with Global leaders in Respiratory medicine, including KEEs, professional societies, pharmaceutical companies
Desirable for the role
- Success in building and executing multi-year strategic roadmaps
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.