External Alliances, Strategic Analytic Leader Oncology
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking and ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic and significant work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of building life changing medicine.
The External Alliances, Strategic Analytic Leader is accountable for developing and implementing an emerging capability to deliver the infrastructure needed and the execution of complex, actionable, big-data analytics that support strategic, closed-loop marketing efforts across the Oncology portfolio. In addition, this Leader is responsible for developing relationships with electronic medical health records organizations to build strong flexible partnerships to drive innovation and better use technology to improve patient outcomes. The External Alliances, Strategic Analytic Leader
will use strong analytical and critical thinking skills to development relevant metrics and communication channels based on the Oncology commercial strategy across multiple tumors. Keys to success in this position are superlative communication, consultative and influencing skills predicated on a strong foundation of data analysis proficiency.
- Develop, deliver and execute data driven execution platform, working with a matrix team that represents from across the Commercial organization, including Brand, marking science, marketing, Insights and sales operations.
- Compile and analyze secondary marketing and/or sales data (including identification and appropriate use of data sources)
- Identify and implement technology solution to integrate various data sources
- Provide brand and market evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Create insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Using deep knowledge of EMR/EHR data to provide subnational analysis for captured structured and unstructured data
- Identify business needs proactively and build analysis with foresight
- Develop and maintain budget to support data driven execution deliverables
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors through oversight of the vendor management process
- Leverage/apply AZ insight best practices as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field,
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience – oncology experience preferred
- Experience implementing technology platforms with multiple data sources
- Experience to thoroughly assess data various data sources to identify strengths, weaknesses, and gaps
- Experience to interface with both application/database developers and sales/marketing to ensure business needs are translated into easy to use and meaningful applications (to this extent anyone with a business analyst background would also be a good candidate)
- Data source knowledge: IMS, Symphony, FlatIron, or other claims or EMR based data, SD / SP, Diagnostics and/or Lab data
- Deep knowledge and experience with EMR/HR systems (Epic, Cerner, etc.)
- Have understanding and experience with analytics using EMR/EHR, claims data, etc.
- Experience in sales field-based reporting, Dashboard’s, HQ based reporting & Scorecards
- Experience with common statistical analysis and techniques
- Experience defining Metrics, Measures & ROI calculations
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.