Director, Customer Strategy - Renal
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. The Director, Customer Strategy is responsible for leading the development of our medical and External Scientific Expert (ESE) strategy. This role reports directly to the Vice President, Marketing – Renal and is expected to work across all customer segments and partner effectively with Brand marketing, Portfolio teams, Sales, Commercial Operations, Managed Markets, Medical and Global teams to ensure we have full franchise integration. This individual will be responsibility for the development of long term thought leader relationships and franchise advocacy. This roll will be inclusive of both US and Global initiatives. In this capacity, this person will champion the Renal franchise and establish AZ as a leader in Renal medicine.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include oversight and strategic leadership for our medical strategy in partnership with our Medical Affairs group and development of our External Scientific Expert (ESE) strategy including resource development, training and prioritization.
- Thought Leader Engagement & Advocacy Development:
- Responsible for quality, breadth & depth of Nephrology & Cardiology Commercial ESE relationships at National level
- Identification & development of future ESE/influencers (up and comers)
- Facilitate strategic engagements with ESEs at National level with leadership
- Develop ESE Engagement plans & keep updated profiles for targeted customers
- Field Based Regional Customer Strategy Team
- Manager for Regional Customer Directors (RCDs)
- Develop field engagement plan and operational platform for RCDs
- Communication & Collaboration
- Link, leverage and expand AZs partner relationships with ESEs, Nephrology & Cardiology networks & Patient Advocacy improving disease state understanding and patient care.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal partners/stakeholders: Sales, Brand Team, MAPs, MA
- Commitment to patients & marketplace
- Establish AZ as a leader in Renal at national congresses/conferences
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in business, marketing or the sciences;
- 10+ years of Pharmaceutical or Healthcare experience; preferably in a related industry
- 5+ years of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Promotions experience
- Experience leading brand strategy and executing against it
- Understanding of the development and commercialization processes
- Successful delivery of strategic and operational plans within a therapeutic or business area
- Demonstrated experience in working within cross-functional business units essential
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to assess and drive results
- Strong understanding of local healthcare system pricing and reimbursement
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to successfully lead through ambiguity
- Successful experience leading change transformation
- Demonstrated Learning Agility
- Advanced Degree in business, marketing, or the sciences;
- Experience in Market access/managed markets
- Experience in Insight/Market Research
- Experience across product life cycle (emerging, launch, in-line, mature)
- Experience within early brand lifecycle
- Experience related to therapeutic area
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.