Contract Operations Analyst
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As Sr. Contract Operations Analyst, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Sr. Contract Operations Analyst is responsible for working with internal/external customers on all aspects of Market Access; Master Data, Contracting, Membership, Chargebacks and Rebates. They are responsible for the receipt, analysis, impact, resolution and posting/reporting of all contractual payments across multiple customer segments including Health Plans, GPOs, Specialty Pharmacies, Physicians and Wholesalers as well as maintaining all related documentation for those payments. The Sr. Contract Operations Analyst is responsible for developing Market Access contracts including: template development, strategy interpretation, language negotiation, approval, and execution In this role, they will manage and meet deliverables of business operations to monitor, evaluate and administer claims to be paid and ensure payments are accurate, timely, formulary compliant and entered in contract systems consistent with agreement terms, following corporate controls/approved guidelines and SOX regulations. They are expected to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal/external contacts and peers to ensure effective communication and a high-level of customer service to support successful implementation and execution of contract terms and payments. This individual must possess an in-depth knowledge of claims processes, systems and an understanding of Market Access contracting processes and strategies to ensure contract compliance.
- Validate, Monitor and Update Customer Master Data.
- Work with Customer Facing Team and Customers to obtain accurate membership rosters
- Process, monitor, review, measure, track, validate, research, analyze and report on customer activity/utilization reported by contract customers, wholesalers, and others using chargebacks, rebates and sales data.
- Understand and interpret contract language and regulations as it relates to contract setup and maintenance to ensure accurate calculation of customer reimbursements
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships to facilitate the exchange of key information, understand and address needs, and clarify contract requirements with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with peers to manage priorities and coordinate efforts with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Contribute to contract management and strategy approaches through knowledge of reimbursement arrangements and potential business operations capabilities.
- Meet and understand all compliance-related requirements such as completion of mandatory training, adherence to audit controls, and adherence to all AZ policies, SOPs, job aids, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Participate on cross-functional teams lending support and input from a Market Access perspective as well as special projects as assigned by management.
- Develop and communicate reporting techniques/tools emphasizing trend analysis as it relates to strategy development, contract performance, and compliance.
- Proactively seeks and recommends enhancements and improvements in Market Access claims processes, including recommending resources, new approaches, negotiating agreeable solutions, or involving next-level management as needed.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of experience
- Contract Language Experience
- Logic and mathematical skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word & Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and trends.
- Understanding of AZ business model with specific knowledge of contract operations
- Pharmaceutical or related healthcare business experience
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.