Consumer Marketing Director – Diabetes
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Consumer Marketing? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Diabetes therapeutic area in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. This role plays a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build positive relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's strategy in DIABETES focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
The Director is responsible for leading the consumer marketing team to define, design, execute and measure the brand strategy. They will lead analyses of the market segment, including identification of key growth drivers, opportunities and risks. This also includes determination of distribution channel solutions (especially digital/omnichannel, social media, etc.) and incorporating results of analysis into product strategy. This role will work across all customer segments and partner with Brand and Portfolio peers/teams. The Director will work closely with the Brand Insight Director on the planning of all insight work including but not limited to primary and secondary research, database management, and return on investment measurements.
What you’ll do
- Lead the strategic direction, design, execution and measurement of all Consumer-oriented marketing strategies, tactics and activities to deliver on the brand's objectives.
- Responsible for leading the creation of an integrated channel marketing strategy.
- Lead the following key work: marketing strategies (PSP), brand positioning, core messaging and campaign, new markets/channel development, sales integration, sales execution and return on investment analysis.
- Makes informed decisions around P&L and drivers of revenue and contribution; appropriately, challenges forecast assumptions.
- Support the design and implementation of launch/life cycle management plans that are responsive to patient needs, whether explicit or latent.
- Collaborate with Managed Markets to produce a value story and pricing model.
- Assess the investment viability in innovative brand programs, using economic sensitivity analysis, spend/sales scenario planning, and return on investment variables to gauge risk and go/no go decisions.
- Evaluate new program rollout based on the findings of test markets, pilots, or models.
- Work across the Commercial interface to establish relationships and drive performance collectively through all marketing and sales channels
- Collaborate with other functional areas to ensure promotional planning is consistent with legal/regulatory compliance.
- Build long-term relationships with thought leader advocates and customer advocacy groups
Essential for the role
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in business, marketing or the sciences;
- 8+ years of Pharmaceutical or Healthcare experience; preferably in a related industry
- 5+ years of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Promotions experience
- Experience leading brand strategy and executing against it
- Proven track record of consistent achievement or overachievement delivering strategic and operational plans within a therapeutic or business area
- Proven experience in working within cross-functional business units
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to assess and drive results
- Strong understanding of local healthcare system pricing and reimbursement
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
Desirable for the role
- Advanced Degree in business, marketing, or the sciences;
- 2+ years management of direct reports
- Clinical experience in Cardiovascular area & Diabetes experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in Market Access/Managed Markets
- Experience in Insight/Market Research
- Experience across product life cycle (emerging, launch, in-line, mature)
- Experience within early brand lifecycle
- Experience related to therapeutic area
- Experience in cross-channel, cross-customer marketing
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.