Brand Insights Director (Renal, US)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Global Insights Overview
The Global I&A organisation focuses on four key responsibilities:
- Uncovering deep understanding of patients, markets, stakeholders, competitors and brands to drive competitive advantage
- Being a collaborative and strategic partner that provides objectivity to inform better decision making
- Providing recommendations based upon future-oriented insights and opportunities
- Providing an independent view in decision-making bodies with an external perspective, and a future-oriented insights and early warning intelligence.
Global I&A core capabilities are comprised of:
- Insights – interpret patients, HCP, payers, performance data and more to shape the competitivity of our brands, inform better investment decision making and understand the implications for AstraZeneca
- Competitive Intelligence – hold an externally focused view to understand how competitor actions will impact AstraZeneca and the implications they will have on clinical trial and global commercial strategies
- Analytics & forecasting – strong ability to quantify strategy and support decisions with data
Global I&A uses these capabilities to drive decisions by valuing potential assets and shaping winning clinical and commercial strategies.
The Business I&A Director is a highly consultative role accountable for generating actionable insights that materially impact the business. This broad role spans both analytics and primary market research with considerable functional depth required, and will support the AZ Renal franchise in the US, specifically Roxadustat and Lokelma and a range of life cycle management opportunities. Importantly, this role is a key liaison with the Brand Team which requires a strong leadership ethic in terms of strategic thinking, communication excellence and driving results. This role will also require business partnership with multiple stakeholders beyond the Renal team including Commercial Operations, Finance, and Global.
Candidate Focus and Challenge – Job Description
- Partner with Brand Team to develop brand strategies leveraging a range of analytics and insight from the marketplace to unlock the full commercial value of the Renal portfolio
- Guide the analytics and insight involved in the development of several elements of the marketing mix: personal selling materials, direct to consumer, non personal promotion tactics, etc.
- Drive the insight and analytic plan with foresight-developing capabilities and analytics anticipating business need and the lifecycle of the portfolio
- Drive weekly and monthly performance communications process – focus on delivery of a performance story and insight
- Leads the generation of competitive analysis (congress coverage, alerts, company reports, QBR etc) for a brand, ensuring implications are reflected in the brand strategy and forecast and landed in the brand team
- Accountable for the guidance and alignment of the product/brand forecast and related assumptions collaborating closely with the Forecasting Leader in the CoE
- Design the insight plan in conjunction with the Head of Insight in order to ensure resources (dollars and people) are best leveraged to meet the true business needs
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Science or commercial related degree
- 5-10 years analytical experience in the pharmaceutical or consumer industry
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative market research across different stakeholder groups e.g. HCPs, patients and payers
- Proven ability to conduct analytics using secondary data sources key to the pharmaceutical industry (IQVIA, Symphony, Prognos, Decision Resources, patient level data) and performance tracking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Budget management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments to demanding deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel experience
- PhD / MBA
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Any specific Renal (Chronic Kidney Disease, Anemia, Hyperkalemia) experience
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.