Associate Director, Marketing – Respiratory Inhaled
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. The Associate Director, Marketing contributes to the development and execution of marketing plans to maximize the value of AstraZeneca's portfolio and pipeline. The Associate Director, Marketing is responsible for working with Brand Leadership team to develop and measure aspects of the brand strategy with a specific focus on opportunity assessments, channel leadership, positioning, messaging, and launch/lifecycle planning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include input into the development of all aspects of the brand strategy, with specific focus on market opportunity assessment, brand positioning, messaging, asset planning and maximization, and launch/lifecycle planning
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to bring Brand Strategy to realization through leadership of:
- Market Research/Insight and analytics
- Brand positioning and messaging
- Integrated launch plans
- Establish strong alliance with Global and US Medical, Corporate Affairs, Regulatory and MAPs partners, providing input to cross-functional planning and programs by communicating brand strategy and identifying market opportunities and risks
- Work effectively to build HCP, Payer and Patient campaigns/programs that deliver (TA) brand plan elements
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, develop, and inspire employees. Ability to clearly communicate brand vision with passion and authenticity to marketing and cross functional teams
- Responsible for leading defined work streams and brand opportunities as defined by Marketing Sr. Director, with accountability for end product
- Collaborate with Sr Director, Marketing in developing product forecasts utilizing analytical sources. Understand key levers to pull in an effort to meet or exceed projections
- Collaborate and lead without authority across functional areas; organize people, activities, communication & resources around a common goal and to achieve business objectives in a timely manner
- Create sustainable, long-term relationships with thought leader advocates and customer advocacy groups
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in business, marketing or the sciences;
- 5 years of Pharmaceutical or Healthcare experience; preferably in a related industry
- 3 years of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Promotions experience
- Leadership experience and team management skills
- Experience developing brand channel strategy and executing against it
- Experience managing complex projects at the project management level
- Sound understanding of local healthcare system pricing and reimbursement
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to assess and drive results
- Successful project management experience with the ability to work with cross functional stakeholders
- Advanced Degree in business, marketing, or the sciences;
- Experience in Market access/managed markets
- Experience in Insight/Market Research
- Experience across product life cycle (emerging, launch, in-line, mature)
- Experience within early brand lifecycle
- Experience related to therapeutic area
Next Steps – Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.