Key Account Manager - Oncology (GI)
Key Account Manager – Oncology (GI)
Territory Austria - Salzburg, Innsbruck
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
It’s our patients that come first, every decision we make and action we take is centred around how we can better serve them. It’s why we are shaping patient care for the future, working along the whole experience to give hope to billions of lives across the world.
We are looking for a skilled Key Account Manager proficient and experienced in being a strategic and scientific partner and advisor in Oncology.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for generating clinical demand for Oncology brands with key accounts, pro-actively identifying business opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommending solutions to drive and develop business.
What will you do?
Develop strategic and mutually beneficial partnerships with the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT), Decision Making Unit (DMU), and potentially other stakeholders outside of the HCO, based on a deep scientific understanding of the issues in order to identify the best opportunities for improving the Patient journey, promote earlier diagnosis and enhance quality of care.
- Identify opportunities and strategies to improve positioning of AZ's Oncology products at a local level
- Work with the Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to meet targets and further improve positioning of AZ's Oncology products at a local level
- Build partner strategies with the MDT and other stakeholders to enhance quality of care; optimize the patient journey and promote earlier diagnosis, positioning as the partner of choice for driving projects with this key objectives
- Engage Oncology HCPs in dialogue about approved indications, product efficacy / safety profiles and treatment protocols to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients
- Establish and maintain ongoing, long term collaborative partnerships with stakeholders around the healthcare ecosystem co-creating solutions that optimise the patient journey
- Build knowledge and understanding about AZ's overall Oncology value proposition, and product's labelled indications and efficacy data among all relevant stakeholders in the MDT and DMU
- Utilise different communication approaches, techniques and channels to help build knowledge in the MDT and DMU
- Drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts meet or exceed expectations while managing assigned budgets
- Successfully promote the benefits of AZ's Oncology brands, using fair balance messages and the appropriate mix of promotional tools
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent German and Advanced English
- Sales or MSL experience with a sound knowledge of account management or relevant pharmaceutical knowledge
- Track record of engaging key stakeholders in complex clinical environments. EG; Mid-Senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community
- Key account management experience (MDT; Pharmacy; CFT; Clin Dir; hospit admin)
- Proven ability to understand, adjust and communicate scientific information and Health Economic Outcomes data
- Proven track record in influencing the stakeholder decision-making process
- Proven demonstration of successful working in complex, cross-functional teams
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.