Senior Business Analyst - Controlling
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. In Finance, you may not feel you're at the frontline of research but your role in changing patients' lives is critical. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
AstraZeneca’s Finance function is on a transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations and insight. A new operating model is being developed for AZ Finance, which includes the establishment of Integrated Finance Solutions in in Warsaw, Poland.
We seek for passionate employees for roles in controllership team.
As a Senior Business Analyst in Controlling Team you will play an essential role in supporting the Finance Lead in the delivery of the team objectives. This includes supporting the new team, building knowledge and driving the culture within IFS. You may be required to use your expertise to lead or contribute to special projects across IFS, coaching and mentoring of analysts and be required to work closely with your Finance Lead to deliver timely and accurate reporting, provision of quality financial analysis.
Your core deliverables will include:
- Being responsible for compliance with AZ Accounting Polices and standards, month-end process and applicable sub-processes and other requirements for timely and accurate of submission of Management Accounts data in the different group systems.
- Ensuring that statutory reporting requirements and local tax requirements are fully in line with local legal requirements (local GAAP and tax legislation)
- Being accountable and responsible for monthly and annual closing processes for statutory and management reporting, supervising and supporting the 3rd party service providers
- Continuously developing the relationship and knowledge of 3rd party service providers (enhance the communication and in case of necessity provide relevant support/training)
- Providing robust, quality month end financial information to business teams
- Acting as a business partner and subject matter expert
- Working closely with senior stakeholders providing analytical and strategic support
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Personal development will be a key part of the role and you will be supported to develop yourself and your skills whilst in the role.
- A recognized finance qualification (controlling background is a must)
- 5+ years of controlling experience
- Use of general office and financial systems for budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Cross boundary experience including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Experience in managing and mentoring the team
- English language proficiency is a must, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management
- Accounting knowledge – understands the basic principles of accounting (e.g. accruals; cost centers; budgeting)
- Excellent PC skills including SAP, BW & Excel skills
- Part qualified finance professional, or working towards a recognized financial qualification.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP
- Experience of working in Pharmaceutical industry
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.