Register your interest for a Statistician role
Register your interest for a Statistician role
For those that have recently graduated, please take a look at our Early Career website: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/early-talent
Location: Barcelona (Spain) or Warsaw (Poland)
Competitive salary and benefits
Are you a Statistician with an appetite to use statistical methods to develop life-changing medicines? If you would like to apply your expertise in a global company pushing the boundaries of science – join us!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
We work on some of the most complex and interesting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you’ll be involved in countless submissions and a wide range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
We are offering opportunities for Statisticians and Statistical Leaders at several different career levels, depending on your previous experience. You will join a global, diverse and cross-functional environment where you will get personal and professional development.
In this role, we will give you the chance to utilise your statistical expertise in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical trial programs; submission and defence of regulatory filings; and the generation of evidence to support product commercialisation and reimbursement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will use your statistical know-how to contribute to the design and progress of clinical trial programs. You may already be equipped to lead statistical employees, either by technical leadership or line management. We offer a role suited perfectly for your competence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to or lead the statistical thinking, analysis and reporting to relevant groups in product and study teams
- Develop design options and provide high-quality information for the business through partnership with internal and external experts
- Representing AstraZeneca to Health Authorities and Reimbursement & Payer Organisations for specific projects
- Apply expert skills to investigate and use standard, as well as novel, statistical approaches for relevant statistical issues
We are looking for an individual who can focus on solving challenging problems through teamwork and partnerships. You are a specialist, or seek to be a specialist in your field, and you know that the best results are achieved by utilising the strengths of every individual.
- You have a Master’s or Doctorate degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar area
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills, especially when communicating statistical concepts to non-statisticians
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
- Please visit our dedicated Biometrics webpage https://careers.astrazeneca.com/biometrics
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.