R2R Systems Accountant
We are looking for a person with excellent communication skills, motivation and commitment to support our key business systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for being the connection point between the AZ GFS (Global Finance Services) R2R operational teams and IT / Projects. This includes facilitation of issue resolution as well as both business and technical change. Success will be measured on the delivery of efficient operations of SAP Instances and surrounding systems, and driving improvements that provide value to the business.
Finance is now preparing to enter a period of change as we start our Finance Transformation programme. This programme will build on our simplification foundations and move us to the next level of efficiency. The aim of the programme is to create a modern, flexible and integrated financial platform, bringing together and simplifying our processes, policies, data, systems and organization. As R2R Systems Accountant, you will be involved in managing this change as it transfers through the business. You will be involved in the new technology, the new processes and defining the new ways of working. You will have the opportunity to help us define the key services provided by the team in order to successfully manage the new finance landscape.
The finance area has to respond quickly to change within the business. The impact of changes has to be assessed across a portfolio of business services. This includes confirming user requirements for changes, assessing their impact, developing and executing test strategies to ensure the changes delivered are implemented effectively ensuring the normal running of financial processes.
Experience of working with financial systems/processes would be an advantage. Familiarity of change management, service management and knowledge of IT systems support would also be an advantage. This is an ideal role to gain a good understanding of how financial systems support key business processes, whilst also helping support the key finance initiatives and systems strategy as we move forward.
Some key accountabilities:
- Provide expert advice and assistance to users of our systems portfolio on how to maximize business value for them
- Provide guidance and support to projects which require or supply data to group systems.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement of process and data.
- Provide support for GFS R2R users with complex requirements and issues.
- Provide clear communications to business users on issues impacting service availability.
- Solve complex problems within the group systems portfolio, often against time pressure, through data analysis.
- Ensure data quality is reviewed and improved i.e. dealing with data queries in respect of global transactional data.
- Manage and enable change within group systems to be agreed quality standards.
- Investigate opportunities to standardize and simplify and ensure new processes are adhered to on an ongoing basis.
- Experience working in industry/consultancy
- Experience in Finance Business Process and Accounting knowledge
- Expert level SAP & Excel skills
- Degree/Qualified/Part-qualified CIMA/ACCA, or qualified by experience
- More than 4 years of experience in the area or related area
- Knowledge of Oracle / Hyperion applications
- Knowledge of IT support processes
- Understanding of SoX and internal controls
- The successful candidate will have good analytical thinking, broad system experience and aptitude, and a strong customer service focus. They will also need a keen attention to detail and a passion for data accuracy
Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving capability
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial bias, and an excellent grasp of business drivers
- Proven influencing skills
- Process management skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast changing, results driven environment
- Ability to work with a remote manager
Other role requirements
- Schedule flexibility to work on holidays when necessary.
- Flexibility and Ability to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.