The Publications team are responsible for ensuring the appropriate review and approval of scientific publications within the early phase BioPharmaceuticals R&D division of AstraZeneca.
This operational role ensures that all scientific publications produced at AstraZeneca go through the appropriate review and approval process prior to public disclosure, ensuring medical accuracy and protection of the company’s intellectual property (IP). Publications include scientific abstracts, congress posters and presentations, journal manuscripts, textbooks and theses.
The Publications Coordinator works closely with scientists and authors to ensure that their publications are reviewed in a timely fashion and captured in our publications database.
The team is located across Cambridge and Gothenburg and we are now looking for two new Publications Coordinators to be based in our business hub in Warsaw.
- Responsible for managing the internal Publication Sign-Off (PSO) process via the publication system in compliance with AstraZeneca Publication Policy and to required timelines.
- Serve as the first-line contact for queries regarding the Publication Sign-Off (PSO) process and publication system.
- Create and maintain accurate data records in the publication database in a timely manner.
- Triages centralized publication mailbox for assignment of publication requests.
- Promotes compliance with established AZ publication policy, standards and processes. Generating reports to identify publications in violation of internal policies.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements for the Publication Sign-Off (PSO) process and systems.
- Generates standard and customized publication-related reports from the publication system for aligned functional areas.
Minimum Requirements – knowledge, experience, qualifications
- Requires 2+ years of experience working autonomously in a demanding office environment; proficiency working with database systems (Datavision experience helpful) and with cross-functional teams strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) essential.
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry an advantage.
- Familiarity with the scientific publication process, and principles of Good Publication Practices/ICMJE guidelines an advantage.
Skills and Capabilities
- Proven/strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Ability to work collaboratively, to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion, working in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated flexibility/willingness to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to make effective decisions in the absence of complete information and when under pressure.
- High degree of skill in analyzing and processing information, time management, organization, data entry, and maintaining confidentiality; attention to detail and follow-up essential.
- Strong customer focus both internal and external
- Knowledge of reference database and publication tracking a plus.
- Process driven
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.