Learning Management System (LMS) Specialist
The Learning Management System Specialist in Warsaw, Poland, will play a pivotal role in channeling AstraZeneca’s scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. As a member of the Scientific Learning team you’ll contribute to delivering great science and creating a "Great Place to Work" environment by enhancing employees' learning experience with streamlined access to scientific information, internal & external Subject Matter Experts, and modern learning technologies while ensuring compliance with regulatory and GXP compliance requirements.
You’ll will be expected to provide AstraZeneca R&D managers and employees with exceptional, value-adding Learning Management Systems (LMS) or other GXP tools & services, and contribute to building an effective environment to engage with customers in the development and maintenance of Functional Learning Plans to help them achieve or maintain high compliance rates with agreed corporate and/or functional targets.
Working with other team members and SMEs, you’ll trouble shoot issues with the LMS or any of its technical interfaces, raise and document issues via the escalation processes, and provide customer support and coverage of the Help Desk.
- Develop and maintain strong 'customer focused' relationships with business owners, Subject Matter Experts, Functional Training Coordinators, and other Scientific Learning team members to create and/or maintain an effective GXP Training environment.
- Evaluate LMS interfaces with other GXP systems, identify issues/gaps and escalate through the LMS Admin Support Model in place.
- Assist in the development/ facilitation of and communication of performance improvement and organizational impact metrics.
- Work with fellow Scientific Learning team members to develop, implement, and maintain functional learning Plans in the LMS.
- Provide functional teams and Leadership Teams with timely Compliance Reports, or any AD HOC reporting requests.
- Ensure compliance with own Learning Plan, corporate and/or GXP requirements.
- Attend meetings with the principle members who govern the LMS to communicate changes, updates, and down-time to LMS administrators, managers and Learners.
- Manage the Scientific Learning Help Desk to address all SABA Cloud requests, and triage all other request to identify and assign to the appropriate task owner.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as requested by manager or senior Management.
Bachelor’s degree with a up-to 4 years of experience in learning or technical discipline
- Understanding /experience with a Learning Management System (SABA Cloud preferred).
- Some experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment ideal, with basic understanding of the drug development process within an R&D environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and critical review capability, a self-starter and team player
- Adaptable to change and work through conflicts while persuasively influencing outcomes.
- Recognizes responsibility to service customer's needs in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work in a global environment and able to contribute as part of global team
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.