Investigations Manager - Global Sustainability
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Experienced in running complex corporate investigations?
As the Investigations Manager in our Global Compliance Investigations team (GCI), you will provide crucial support to a team comprising the Head of Global Investigations and our Global Investigator Directors (or GIDs), helping to safeguard our reputation and minimise our exposure to risk. Based in Poland or the UK, this role will give the person the chance to take on interesting work and the possibility of shaping the role for long-term career progression within Global Sustainability.
Everyone at AstraZeneca is expected to work with integrity and honesty, and to act with care, diligence and fairness in all that they do. GCI helps to maintain our integrity by investigating issues across all of our functions and regions – that could be cases with potentially serious reputational or legal implications, or those that involve senior management.
This role demands some flexibility to travel internationally on an occasional basis, sometimes at relatively short notice.
Main duties and responsibilities
- You will support the Head of Global Investigations and our GIDs as they investigate cases at any of our global locations. It’s a role that involves complex project and case management in a very fast-paced environment so we’re looking for someone who can make their mark from the outset; someone with a highly organised, proactive approach.
- you will need to identify, assemble and analyse relevant data and documents as well as helping our GIDs with the development and execution of their investigations. They will take notes and prepare documentation for key witness interviews, carry out preliminary and background interviews as part of the fact-finding process, and support our investigators in the delivery of their interim and final case reports.
- The role will involve providing forensic analysis of case materials - everything from expense reports to contractual arrangements.
- You can also expect to make preliminary assessments of new cases to confirm that they fall within GCI’s remit.
- More broadly, you will support GCI in assessing the team’s operational effectiveness, producing metrics and highlighting how GCI adds value across the entire business.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience in a major audit or accounting firm, or an international law firm.
- Experience carrying out or supporting objective corporate investigations, including fact-finding and assessments of allegations and potential risk.
- An aptitude for using a range of systems, tools and technologies, especially when it comes to working with big data.
- A commitment to handling highly sensitive and confidential material with the utmost discretion.
- Good judgement, excellent communication and team working skills, flexibility and a creative approach to problem solving – always looking for new ways to improve our processes and reduce the likelihood of further issues.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders, including day to day workload.
- The organisational skills to maintain and manage case-related documentation and to ensure that our case management systems are always up to date.
- A sound understanding of general anti-bribery and anti-corruption risks, basic employment law principles, and fraud detection and investigation techniques
- Proficiency in languages other than English, such as Spanish / Portuguese
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.