Campus IT – Technical Leader
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases.
But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an outstanding workplace culture that encourages innovation and teamwork. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The AstraZeneca IT function has undergone significant IT transformation to improve performance andperception of IT and is now focusing on delivering a great customer experience and overall serviceexcellence.
This role belongs to AstraZeneca IT “End User Services” function which is committed to deliver excellent customer service. We want to really focus on the customer experience to ensure our IT services meet current and future business needs. End User Services (EUS) and Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Services (CSIS) provide all the IT infrastructure and supporting services that the entire organisation runs on. The EUS function is truly global in scale with resources in Asia, US, Sweden and the UK. The Campus Teams are responsible for the excellent delivery of these services to their customers on a particular site or region, and we work closely with the global support teams and their customers to ensure that current and future services meet business needs.
CSIS services consist of Connectivity (WAN, WLAN, LAN), IT Security, Global Technical Centers (India & Mexico operations), Hosting, Middleware.
EUS services consist of Collaboration (Skype, O365, Cloud Storage, Video Conferencing), End User Computing, Printing, Customer Efficiency (Service Desk/Hotline, Desk Side/Onsite including AskIT & VIP), Service Excellence (Excellence in execution).
The primary goal of this role is to support theexisting IT Onsite supportteam so that they can achieve their objectives of “IT support from good to great” and “Improvingengagementwith IT”.
The missions of the role can be summarized as such:
- Support various countries as Campus IT ManagersforCentral and Eastern Europe(CEE).
- Be the Service Excellencereference point for the local onsite IT Services onsite.
- Drive projects to completion like last miles' deployment of the EUS and CSIS solutions (tools & processes) or local (sometimes regional) IT projects by working with global teams and vendors to deliver IT infrastructure projects.
- Drive opportunities for local development/improvement of IT Infrastructure and End User Capability working collaboratively with the existing Campus IT team and the Corp IT team (CSIS, EUS incl. Global Service Excellence).
The role is based in Warsaw (Poland)AstraZeneca site which is hosting ~2000 people belonging to local and international functions (e.g. Finance, R&D, Commercial) and can not be performed remotely.
Campus IT Management:
- Provides people and technical leadership to resources, vendors and IT capabilities delivering Workplace IT services to a site.
- Takes ownership of and drives service improvements, provide resource and technical input to IT projects as appropriate
- Technical Lead will work with the Global and Regional Capability teams and will report to the Continental Europe Campus IT Lead.
- Responsible for Site IT Infrastructure Management, providing leadership and a point of accountability for Infrastructure and Operations services.
- Lead a small team of IT Specialist/suppliers responsible for the delivery of IT services to agreed Service Levels and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Provide leadership and input to the implementation of Service Improvement Plans. Manage the implementation and monitor progress.
- Work with Regional and Global IT Infrastructure teams to establish and provide a responsive, customer focused IT Infrastructure service at Site.
- Act as a key customer concern point for high-priority service level failures, and drive the resolution of issues in line with AstraZeneca business critical priorities working closely with the AZ Operations Center.
- Work with Service Introduction managers to ensure that plans are in place for transitions into service according to agreed standards and procedures.
- Liaise with IT Customer Facing teams to lead all aspects of monitoring of customer happiness levels and assure that identified issues are addressed – raising as appropriate.
- Interact with IT Customer Facing teams to drive the implementation of effective communications with regards to service related matters.
- Ensure internal and external assurance activities are executed, and review outputs.
- Ensure that service delivery performance against SLAs is analyzed and the data used to benchmark future SLAs.
- Work across IT functional boundaries to present a coordinated, consistent service delivery into AZ business areas.
- Build and maintain Site Technology Roadmaps based on local and global (EUS & CSIS) portfolios with the objective of smooth deployment.
- Establish strong and effective relationship with CSIS & EUS (especially Global Service Excellence) to help the local Campus IT team to deliver world class service for improved perception of IT.
- Evolve support, innovate service and increase quality local CSIS & EUS services.
- Continual improvement of the local IT Services via a roadmap.
- Infuse ‘Good practice’, agile processes that focus on ‘just enough’.
- Reduce ‘BAU’ risk to Service.
- Strengthen Service efficiency & effectiveness by exploiting tools and technology.
- Works within defined guidelines and policies, adheres to company IT policies, processes & SOP1’s.
- Must establish an alignment with the AZ Campus IT Team Lead (and all local Campus IT team) with the objective to deliver a measurable “world class” service onsite.
- Local Infrastructure lead for IT security.
- Owns the strategy and implementation of asset management across Continental Europe.
- 3rd line support of local solutions in Poland.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Languages: Proficient in Polish and English
- Trackable experience with project management and delivery methodologies and standards (preferred in Agile delivery methods)
- Be knowledgeable and experienced with a broad range of IT Infrastructure technologies and services and have extensive experience with IT service delivery and team leadership.
- Demonstrable ability to support a diverse IT Team with the objective to improve the quality of service
- Strong Project and Programme Management Skills
- Familiarity of working in an international, multi time zone support environment Proven problem-solving capabilities
- Broad understanding of IT systems and technology implemented within a business context
- Good communication followed by excellent relationship building and consulting skills
- Experience working with internal and external suppliers and solutions
- Excellent eye for business with sensitivity to environment
- Evidence of shaping innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation.
- Excellent Stakeholder and Budget Management skills
- Master’s degree
- Project / Programme Management certifications
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Agile, Lean skills
- ITIL certification
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.