Associate Agile Business Analyst
The Associate Business Analyst has experience performing business analysis and design either alone delivering small scale business change activities; or as a contributor to a large scale or global business change. The Associate Business Analyst operates with interactive communication, demonstrating inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The role will partner with the Business Relationship Manager or Business Analyst colleagues to support the development of business cases, assist in business process design and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and business solution needs.
The Associate Business Analyst is expected to perform at Capable level in the following:
- Agile - Build and manage relationships with stakeholders such as the Product Owners/Managers, Business Relationship Manager, Enterprise Architects, Developers, Client Services, User Experience Leads (UX) and other stakeholders. Lead and facilitate discovery workshops to define scope of new requirements. Write user stories, scenarios, acceptance criteria and ensuring that the stories are written using INVEST principles. Facilitate the management and prioritisation of the product backlog for the development teams. Evangelize the product and serve as a point of contact and product expert for internal teams and external customers. Provide training and demo to internal and external stakeholders on new feature functionality.
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals, proposing potential solutions through research.
- Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own activities to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies stakeholders and builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Skilled in traceability, testing and validation. Supports the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case and Benefits Management – Supports the business case definition, capturing business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Solution Evaluation - Analyses and assesses solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend.
Work collaboratively with
Business Relationship Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands. Support or facilitate User Acceptance Testing. Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
Work collaboratively with or take responsibility for:
Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution. Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Practical usage of Agile Methodology (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience of using business analysis tools/techniques to design and deliver business change
- Strong engagement, communication and facilitation skills, including presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of working with third party suppliers/vendors
- Agile / User Stories / Backlog
- Jira / Confluence
- Business acumen
- Challenge, negotiation and influence
- Presentation, Communication & Facilitation
- Customer Focus
- Stakeholder Management
- Business Process Management
- Requirements Management
- Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Experience of working in a global organisation
- Pharmaceutical business awareness/business domain knowledge
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.