Agile Business Analyst
AstraZeneca is a global, creative, biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an outstanding workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The Business Analyst performs business analysis and design either alone delivering small to medium size business change activities; or as a member or lead of a BA team in a large or global business change. The Business Analyst operates with a high level of interactive communication, demonstrating high levels of inclusion and cultural sensitivity. The Business Analyst will share standard methodologies in relevant communities of practice, contributing to internal IT processes and standards for business analysis and design.
The Business Analyst is encouraged to perform at Advanced level in the following:
Agile - Build and maintain relationships with partners such as the Product Owners/Managers, Enterprise Architects, Developers, Client Services, User Experience Leads (UX) and other partners. Identify & prioritise product roadmap activities with distributed stakeholders. Lead and facilitate discovery workshops to define scope of new requirements. Facilitate story mapping, release planning, and user persona workshops. Write user stories, scenarios, acceptance criteria and ensuring that the stories are written using INVEST principles. Manage and prioritise product backlog for the development teams. Evangelize the product and serve as a point of contact and product expert for internal teams and external customers. Deliver training and demo to internal and external partners on new feature functionality
Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Actively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals. Actively monitors and identifies capability gaps and proposes potential solutions through research internally and externally.
Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in prioritization and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own and other team member’s activities to meet work you're doing and deadlines. Accountable for performance and quality of analytical work delivered, both their own and the work of others.
Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies partners from all areas of the business, and actively builds and maintains relationships according to individual partner needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and leading change for project and partners.
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible and accountable for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Highly responsive to changing business priorities with ability to plan ahead, accounting for potential changes and corrective actions. Advanced requirements elicitation and management skill-set; including traceability, testing and validation. Leads the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
Business Case Definition - Shapes and defines the business case, producing detailed business justification for investment including return on investment and benefits realization.
Solution Evaluation - Highly proficient in analysing and assessing solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, improving value vs. spend.
Work closely with
Business Partners to ensure that solutions fulfil their future strategic needs and challenges Business Relationship Managers to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
Work multi-functionally with or take responsibility for:
6. Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and efficiency of overall solution.
7. Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Practical usage of Agile Methodology (Scrum/Kanban)
- Demonstrable experience of successfully deploying a variety of business analysis tools/techniques to enable business change
- Demonstrable experience of working with complex coordinated systems, using creative and critical thinking to deliver outstanding results
- Strong engagement, communication and business partner relations management skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
- Experience of mentoring, coaching or developing others
- Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
- Agile / User Stories / Backlog
- Jira / Confluence
- Eye for business, challenge, negotiation and influence
- Presentation, Communication & Facilitation
- Customer and Compliance Focus
- Good Stakeholder Management and Networking
- Good Planning
- Business Process and Requirement Management
- Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Lean SIGMA training
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Pharmaceutical business awareness/business domain knowledge
- Cross industry business awareness/business domain knowledge
- Benefits Management and Realisation
- User Centred Design (User Experience, User Interface Design and Business Process Design)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.