In Vivo Senior Scientist, Hematology
In Vivo Senior Scientist, Oncology Biosciences
At AstraZeneca Oncology, we are not afraid to do things differently. Our vision is redefining cancer, redefining our solutions to cancer and restoring patients' lives. As a motivated in vivo Senior Scientist, you will join a dynamic and collaborative in vivo biology team in our state of the art Biohub facility in Waltham MA. Your primary responsibility of this position is to build in vivo animal models/assays, conduct PKPD, efficacy, and ex vivo studies to support our oncology R&D portfolio. These efforts will ultimately lead to the identification of drug candidates and the generation of compelling preclinical data packages to progress promising drug discovery projects toward clinical development.
- Use expert in vivo technical skills to support our hematology oncology platform by:
- Developing and working with various in vivo models of cancer ranging from subcutaneous xenograft models, disseminated models, PDX models, humanized models and metastatic models.
- Conducting in vivo pharmacology studies (tolerability, PKPD and efficacy) and delivering comprehensive in vivo pharmacology data package to support both early and late stage drug discovery programs.
- Conducting biomarker profiling of tissue samples to explore mechanisms of tumor response and resistance using both traditional and novel technologies and approaches.
- Demonstrate proficiency and flexibility in working with various programs and databases to capture all study data for broad access by project teams and stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to develop and implement aggressive work plans and timelines.
- Bring in new technologies and approaches to improve or replace existing disease model platforms that better predict clinical response.
- BS, MS or PhD in pharmacology or related field with a minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience, including experience in Biopharma.
- Demonstrated expertise in generating and working with various animal models in an industry setting.
- Experience delivering all aspects of in vivo pharmacology studies in mouse tumor models, including dose-finding tolerability studies, PK/PD studies, and efficacy studies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and analyze PD biomarkers in tumor, tissue and blood samples using various methodologies; high proficiency conducting Western blots, ELISA, MSD and FACS assays.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within project teams, and across disciplines.
- Ability to lead from the bench in problem solving and in the development of innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience using small animal imaging modalities.
- Experience handling and conducting studies with rat tumor models.
- Background in hematological malignancies.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.