Director, Translational Medicine
Director, Translational Medicine
At AstraZeneca, we are committed to developing, and delivering innovative, meaningful medicines and healthcare solutions that enrich the lives of patients. In AstraZeneca Oncology, our goal is to be at the forefront of developing the next generation of cancer therapies.
A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers. As well as other tumour types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies. All of these focus areas, new modalities and interventions will only succeed if we can bring our research data together in a holistic and synergistic manner.
AstraZeneca is seeking an experienced Data Strategy expert to thrive within our Oncology Translational Medicine department to lead and oversee Oncology Translational Data Strategyefforts and manage the global portfolio of work. You will partner and coordinate with R&D IT, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DS&AI), Discovery, Early Clinical Oncology, Late Stage Oncology, Personalized Healthcare, and Biomarkers departments to enable compliant data sharing and analysis with the purpose of driving oncology drug development programs forward. You will also will seek to create alignment and open communication on the long term data strategy, execution of prioritized efforts in a matrixed environment, and establish a governance framework over primary and secondary data use.
The Director of Translational Medicine will:
- Understand Oncology portfolio priorities, determine critical areas requiring intervention, and identify opportunities to create impact through the data strategy
- Identify opportunities to enable cross-functional data sharing and analysis including but not limited to partnerships with Late Stage Oncology, Digital Health, and DS&AI
- Provide thought leadership and innovation in identifying opportunities for efficiencies and risk mitigation with the goal of enabling compliant data sharing and analysis
- Act as an owner within business improvement projects in possessing deep understanding of processes and internal regulations
- Broker stakeholder alignment on the data strategy roadmap ensuring alignment with the business strategy and enterprise data platform initiatives
- Establish an overview of the current and future state of the data governance landscape
- Direct, oversee and implement oncology translational data strategy program governance, project planning, resource management, and execution delivering on time and within budget
- Evaluate and monitor data strategy program performance for strategic impact in the context of oncology program and departmental efficiencies
- Prepare presentation materials for management reports with key performance parameters
- Drive communication and recognition of Translational Medicine’s scientific achievements enabled by the data strategy including social media and external conferences
- Experience in business and operations within a pharmaceutical or clinical environment
- Experience in data integration and data science techniques for biological/clinical data e.g. genomics.
- Experience in project management methodologies including Agile
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of projects/programmes or in a similar role
- Well-developed organisational and interpersonal skills
Experience implementing policies, procedures and guidelines
- Advanced degree within the field
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Knowledge of relevant developments in the area of strategy and portfolio management
Broad experience of data and scientific strategy and portfolio management
- AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
- To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.