Data Sciences & AI Graduate Programme - US
Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (AI) Graduate Programme - US
Location: Gaithersburg or Boston, (US)
Salary: Competitive, with excellent benefits package
If you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and a desire to explore and develop your skills in data science and artificial intelligence within a global biopharmaceutical organisation, our Data Science & AI Graduate Programme could be the perfect start to your career. You’ll gain invaluable insight, exposure and opportunities across our diverse, Research and Development organisation. We’ll accelerate your learning and help you achieve your potential.
What does the programme involve?
Starting in September 2021, the programme lasts two years, consisting of three individual eight month placements. Each placement will provide you with fantastic insights and experience in our use of machine learning, AI and data science to advance drug discovery and development.
The programme’s variety and flexibility provides you with opportunities to apply machine learning, AI, and data science techniques to help push our scientists push the boundaries of science to develop life changing medicines for patients worldwide. You could be contributing to detecting safety risks, designing novel molecules, optimising clinical trial design and processes, or developing new models for use in high profile drug discovery and development projects. As well as helping you broaden your industry and technical knowledge, we’ll help you develop ‘soft’ skills required to fulfil your career potential.
You will gain an invaluable blend of on-the-job experience and coaching. You’ll enjoy guidance and advice from a huge support network, including a mentor and dedicated programme manager. We’ll also encourage you to identify and build collaborative relationships with specialists and leaders across our organisation, and our external networks including leading academic and biotech research institutions. Together, we’ll help accelerate your development and knowledge!
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative science focussed subject including Maths, Physics, Statistics, computer science and software engineering awarded in 2020, or due to be awarded in 2021.
- Experience of applying data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistics, computational biology, computational chemistry, bioinformatics or cheminformatics techniques.
- Knowledge of the design and application of machine learning or statistical models.
- Experience in using multiple data-centric programming languages to enable big data analysis (e.g. Python).
- Enthusiastic and passionate advocate for the potential of data science and AI to make an impact.
- Proactive problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
Collaborative, with a partnership approach to achieving success.
Together, we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients around the world!
Applications open: 21st September 2020
Applications close: 14th January 2021
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.