Diagnostics Liaison – Oncology
Diagnostics Liaison – Oncology
Field Force – Bulgaria
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and crafting the patient ecosystem.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dedicated Diagnostic Liaison Specialist (DLS) to join our dynamic Oncology Team.
What you’ll do?
The Diagnostic Liaison works to ensure the availability and timely implementation of high-quality testing solutions to enable optimal treatment for patients. You will work collaboratively with the local and regional commercial and medical teams, creating and executing tactical plans with a good understanding of clinical and operational issues that affect the testing pathway, developing tailored solutions as needed.
- Seek insights from and engage in discussions with external experts regarding local testing practices, emerging diagnostic technologies and molecular mechanisms of diseases
- Collect diagnostic testing data including quality assurance measures such as testing/positivity rates from laboratories and hospitals
- Integrate and share these insights with internal stakeholders to support the development of diagnostic strategic plans, commercial brand plans and medical strategies
Support testing by improving the testing environment in line with Diagnostics strategy;
- Identify and develop relationships within the oncology ecosystem, with a particular focus on testing: pathologists (including molecular pathologists), laboratory heads, oncologists, surgeons, interventional radiologists and cancer nurse specialists
- Identify and overcome barriers to effective patient identification through partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks, policy makers and Health Care Professionals (HCPs)
- Support the development of dissemination of appropriate educational information on testing and diagnostics to relevant customer groups
- Develop partnerships with diagnostic test manufacturers to expand access to diagnostic tests within markets
Build capability in internal and external stakeholders;
- Act as subject matter expert for external stakeholders
- Deliver diagnostic related educational initiatives including meetings, exhibitions, congresses/symposia, digital activities
- Act as an educational resource to internal colleagues
- Engage and partner with all members of the cross-functional team on all diagnostic related activities to ensure AZ's oncology products' launch readiness and optimal launch of therapy
- Provision of key inputs to P&MA strategy build and implementation including pricing and reimbursement cases for therapy and associated diagnostic tests
- Provide objective, balanced, accurate, and credible scientific and technical information about diagnostic tests and trends, AstraZeneca’s diagnostic pipeline and early biomarker assays under development
- Share scientific data that supports the clinical importance of testing and/or the safe and effective use of diagnostic tests for patient selection
- Successfully complete all training requirements
- Comply with all external regulations and internal policies
- Ensure compliance with AZ Policies and Standards with special emphasis on Code of Ethics, Ethical Interaction Policy and Standards, Privacy (Patient Group interactions) and Procurement (engagement of third-parties)
- University education preferably in Medicine, Pharmacy or Science
- Proficiency in Bulgarian and English language
- Drivers Licence
- A true understanding of market-specific diagnostic/testing environment and oncology ecosystem
- Team player; Part of a cross functional team and contributes fully by sharing information and linking insights
- Strong influencing skills, ability to engage and collaborate with relevant stakeholders, to present credibility, build and maintain trustful and mutually beneficial relationships
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.