Marketing Director, BD&NPP
Provides leadership and direction to staff
Builds strategic plans to achieve leadership position and deliver targets
Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external
Builds and retains an effective marketing/customer focused team;Ensures excellent cross-functionality
Input in regional / international business development & licensing activities
Ensures effective systems & processes
Adherence to AZ and industry code of conducts, ethics and code of marketing practice
1. Provides leadership and direction to staff 20%
- Creates and communicates a clear vision for the division/department.
- Defines long-term objectives and short-term challenges.
- Strives to ensure performance and achievements.
- Takes decision and accountability for actions.
- Builds commitment within the team.
- Enhances positive attitudes and mindset. Demonstrates confidence and conviction.
- Stimulates conceptual thinking and creativity; challenges status quo for continuous improvement.
- Influences and input in company decisions.
- Creates an open and trusting atmosphere.
2. Builds strategic plans to achieve leadership position and deliver targets 20%
- Communicates direction for strategic business plan.
- Works with marketing team and Sales Director to review strategies and sets stretch and achievable sales budgets.
- Stimulates thinking for scenarios and alternatives.
- Strategically and effectively manages investment/resource allocation and budget spent (A&P, P&L).
- Works with finance to review financial impact of marketing decisions.
- Works with HR and Sales Director to recommend incentive schemes based on brand priorities.
- Ensures implementation of the plan, as approved.
- Ongoing reviews on achievement against plan and addressing key strategic issues where necessary
3. Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external 10%
- Works with marketing team and other functions to ensure identification of key stakeholders.
- Ensures a cross-functional action plan in place with each identified stakeholder
- Communicates regularly with all stakeholders.
- Ensures involvement of each stakeholder, and ad-hoc support to maintain/enhance relationship.
4. Builds and retains an effective marketing/customer focused team; Ensures excellent cross-functionality 15%
- Recruits, retains and motivates a diverse representative team of individuals.
- Agrees subordinates roles & responsibilities, performance criteria, objectives and standards of work execution.
- Communicates as required and ensures effective downward and upward communication channels are in place
- Directs, coaches, guides, supports, rewards and develops the team.
- Monitors subordinate performance and identify areas requiring development, including poor performer(s).
- Conducts talent review; develops career and succession plans.
- Identifies development plan for each marketing member.
- Facilitates and resolves conflicts within the team and cross-functionally.
- Collates best practice examples & learning; shares with the team and regional/global colleagues.
- Leads the team for successful cycle meetings, etc.
5. Input in regional / international business development activities (e.g., licensing) if no Business Development Manager 10%
- Ensures guidance to marketing team, and data collection to input in MC3 questionnaires.
- Evaluates internal and external business opportunities that will enhance sales and growth of the company (i.e. 3rd party licensing agreements, co-promotion, outsourcing).
- Facilitates negotiation to secure licensing and investment opportunities.
6. Ensures effective systems & processes 15%
- Ensures team members meet administrative requirements (A&P planning & reporting, Expense reports, etc)
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Prepares and presents monthly report on achievement of target, reason for deviation and variances to senior management.
- Seeks improvement for fast and effective processes.
7. Adherence to AZ and industry code of conducts, ethics and code of marketing practice 10%
- Aligns with the values and vision of AZ
- Actively encourages development of the AZ culture
- Ensures compliance with AZ code of conduct, Corporate Governance and Audit requirements
- Ensures compliance from all staff to guidelines, codes, policies and procedures
- Ensures that company confidentiality is maintained (i.e. intellectual property, product, strategic and salary information)
- Discloses potential breach of codes or conducts
• Qualified to apply for China Merchants Bank Credit Card (Business expenses should be reimbursed through company credit card)
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.