Head of Development Science
- Responsible for building and developing a team of dedicated scientists, to cover all scientific aspects related to pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, bioanalytic, modelling & simulation and PK/PD for development projects.
- Overseeing the team to provide local knowledge and expertise to plan and execute all Dev Sci activities related to Chinese Health Authority and/or market requirements to development and LCM projects and assigned activities in China.
- Be familiar with early and late stage development projects globally to provide input with regard to China plan and capabilities needed.
- Ensure optimal utilization of resources and appropriate strategies to make go/no go decisions on programs in a timely and cost effective way.
- Closely interact with global stakeholders for the alignment with global strategic priorities and local needs.
Self-dependently representing the company in meetings with authorities, ethics committees and within the scientific community. He/she is a well-recognized contact partner with profound expertise for external collaborations with academic institutions and/or contract research.
- PhD with a strong scientific background and with in-depths experience in area of Clinical Pharmacology.
- Strong experience in pharmaceutical industry (and/or academic R&D).
- Profound experience in drug development and in handling clinical pharmacological studies and track record of accomplishments in drug development.
- Evidence for leadership skills to direct and steer a team of experts, awareness of responsibility, efficient analytical thinking and working methods.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle conflict, highly resilient
Written and spoken English
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.