Global Investigations Director-Shanghai
.Candidate Focus & Challenge
- Oversee management of cases reported through the Company’s anonymous reporting line (AZethics line).
- Work proactively and collaboratively with colleagues in Global Sustainability, Legal, HR and/or relevant business units to provide guidance, advice and support in the conduct of compliance investigations to ensure that they are investigated in an appropriate, efficient and timely manner consistent with the governing Standard Operating Procedure on Investigations.
- For Global cases, (e.g., cases triggered by receipt of a government notice or commencement of a government investigation alleging violations of local law, other cases involving serious unlawful / unethical conduct or misconduct by senior management), lead the investigation which will often include coordinating support from designated local or functional investigators, as well as other local personnel.
- Effectively communicate the nature, status and outcomes of relevant investigations to senior stakeholders in Global Sustainability, Legal, HR and/or line management.
- Analyze and present or disseminate case data as required.
- Assist in the review and root-cause analysis of substantiated violations and the development of corrective actions as well as recommendations to prevent future violations.
- Assist in the training of practitioners across various functions on the conduct of investigations to promote consistent and best practice.
- Contribute to the quarterly and annual reporting obligations of the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Perform other duties related to GCI as required.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience (in addition to requirements stated in the role profile)
- Relevant experience conducting internal corporate investigations across different countries/regions including China, including fact finding (e.g., conducting interviews, reviewing business records etc.), assessing the nature of the allegations and applicable policy or external requirement and assessing the nature/magnitude of potential compliance/reputational risk raised by a given set of allegations.
- Strong collaboration and partnership skills, including demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional investigative teams across different countries, business areas and levels of the organization.
- Strong critical thinking skills to identify, analyze, evaluate and resolve issues quickly.
- Ability to conduct investigations with the highest levels of objectivity, thoroughness, discretion and respect for the individuals
- Willingness to learn about different areas of the business and different compliance frameworks based on the needs of a particular investigation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective written and oral reports in English on complex subjects to senior executives and/or other senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to cope with change in a fast-paced environment and evolving company.
- Qualifications as a lawyer / attorney.
- Experience in law enforcement, litigation and/or auditing/monitoring.
- Strong working knowledge of global pharmaceutical compliance and legal environment.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.