R2R Finance Systems - Super User (GFS Americas)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Making the impossible a reality can mean taking a chance on an idea and investing in our exceptional capacity for innovation and discovery. We champion trying new things, and we nurture a test and learn culture that means we are always progressing close to our goals.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
We are looking to appoint a R2R Finance Systems SuperUser to be part of a global team of Finance Systems SuperUsers, serving the different AstraZeneca regions. The role will initially be embedded in the R2R Technology global project team as we look to deploy Blackline throughout 2020 and 2021, transitioning into an operational role beyond this.
Job Description Summary
Work as part of a team to support one or more finance systems. This means ensuring that information is processed to the monthly/quarterly business timetable accurately and reliably. Close working with business stakeholders IS and the third party support supplier is a key success factor. The job holder will be expected to analyse and resolve data issues and reported problems and specify/test changes to the systems where appropriate. The job holder will act as a Subject Matter Expert on one or more systems, business processes and data sets. Where appropriate the job holder will lead projects or act as a Subject Matter Expert on projects.
- Expertise: Develop a high level of system and process expertise to support the testing and deployment phases of the project.
- Configuration: Responsible for core configuration and administration activities in our core R2R systems, initially BlackLine.
- Engagement: Initiate and maintain a superuser network in the region, increasing awareness and skill in the systems we use. Interaction with BlackLine and the global user group on behalf of AstraZeneca.
- Governance: Fulfil a key role in the governance of business as usual processes, improvements and mandated system upgrades.
- Control: Own and operate relevant SOx and other controls that relate to the effective and compliant configuration and operation of BlackLine.
- Performance management: driving SLA compliance across the various service providers in the Finance support landscape.
- You will work with a number of key individuals/teams in the wider AstraZeneca organization, including:
- The R2R Transformation project team
- Global process owner teams and delivery leads
- Shared service center delivery teams
- Master data teams
- Reporting risk committees
- IT resolver teams
- Finance and IT leaders
- Among other role responsabilities
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
In order to be considered for this position, the following skills & experience are considered desirable:
- Bachelor’s degree level in related area.
- Very good knowledge of finance systems
- Good R2R process knowledge
- Experience of working as a system super user or admin
- 4-7 years of overall working experience in a comparable role within R2R
- Fluent English: Written and Oral
- Knowledge in SAP, Excel and others.
- Previous experience working with Blackline as a super user.
- Experience of working in a global organization.
- Experience of operating in a SOx compliant environment.
- Proven track record of working effectively to deliver solutions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive person, Open mind.
- Team working and good communication.
Other role requirements
Schedule flexibility to work on holidays when necessary.
Flexibility and Ability to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
Schedule flexibility to work on the days off given by the wellness Policy when necessary (Política de Bienestar).
According to the company policies, the candidate must prove that there are no situations that generate a conflict of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COI is considered as an objective requirement of the position. To know beforehand the weightings of COI contained in the policies of the company, consult the Human Resources Department.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.