Operations Senior Business Analyst (GFS Americas/Manager)
Finance continues to drive AstraZeneca’s Bold Ambition and driving the delivery of the company’s strategic priorities.
Providing valuable data, analytics and insights will not only support growth but enable the science to make effective
decisions and identify market opportunities. Our mission is ambitious, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team
to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
Global Financial Services (GFS) was formed in Q3 2018 through the merger of Global Finance Operations, Integrated
Finance Solutions and Cash Generation. GFS is at the heart of the Finance function - accountable to the AstraZeneca
(AZ) Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable
our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
The creation of the Global Financial Services (GFS) centers in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San Jose
(Costa Rica) will transform the AZ Middle Office to a central function, supporting the business regions through
simplification, standardization across the globe, and a structure that is scalable to support the bold ambition of
becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We have exciting opportunities to join our GFS Center in San Jose, which will establish best practices and be
responsible for providing support to embedded finance (CFOs and country business partners and or BPs in
Senior Business Analyst Operations you will be working in a team of 6-13 analysts approximately to provide
support to financial controlling activities spanning month end financial management, P&L and Balance Sheet
Governance, execution and monitoring of SOX/Financial Controls, internal reporting to Embeded Finance Team and
external reporting including but not limited to Tax, External Audit and other authorities reporting.
For Manufacturing sites located in US, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, Netherlands and
Sweden, you may also be expected to support the Business Partner and any other relevant client in ensuring that
management reporting solutions are submitted on time, accurate and high quality.
Experience of manufacturing finance and accounting is required for these roles.
The experience that this role demands is mostly related to wide knowledge of operations roles included but not
• Product Costing and Transfer Prices.
• P&L Creation and Analysis.
• Manpower and OPEX analysis.
• Manufacturing forecasting cycles.
• Implementation of new operative models.
• Cost Accounting in general.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will play an essential role in supporting the Finance Lead in the delivery of the team
objectives. This includes to lead the team, building knowledge and driving the culture within GFS.
You will be the subject matter expert and point of escalation for your team and support them in both their day to day
activities and personal development. You may be required to use your expertise to lead or contribute to special
projects across GFS.
• Responsibility for managing and motivating a team of 6-13 Business Analysts, ensuring that the team delivers to
the highest standard of customer service whilst adhering to global process and all relevant financial controls.
• Management and allocation of resource across the Business Analyst team.
• Building excellent working knowledge of customer requirements and business drivers which are shared and
understood by your team of Business Analysts.
• Coaching and development of staff will be integral to building a customer orientated mindset.
• To build and maintain a strong relationship with our customers and Business Partners.
Operations Senior Business Analyst Technical Functions:
• Ultimately responsible for success of different forecasting cycles.
• Ensure outstanding execution of annual product costing process.
• Ensure strong control environment across region – FCF (Financial Control Framework).
• Business Partnering with Senior Management, Customer Leads and Embedded Finance.
• Executive reporting.
• Financial Acumen of the Production and Inventory Volume, Standard Pricing, Manpower, Opex, FTE, forecasting
techniques with robust basis is essential to perform in a good shape this position.
• Capex Management.
Operations Senior Business Analyst Skills:
• Work under pressure with resilience and emotional intelligence should be a daily duty.
• Proactive and results oriented.
• Engage the team, motivate and leadership with example.
• Assimilation to change is a premise.
• Exceed the expectation building a strong communication skill with management, stakeholders, trainers,
teammates within GFS Americas and supporting daily, monthly and quarterly processes related to Controlling,
Planning and Ad-Hoc queries in general delivering excellent customer service.
• Additionally, always demonstrating volunteered aptitude to provide support on any process, doubt or question
to help GFS Controlling, FP&A, and other Ops departments to understand the processes across the GFS scope.
Team work oriented.
• Demonstrate a culture of problem solving and leadership by approaching other team members with couching
that suggested possible ways to find out the root cause on reporting or knowledge issues.
• Feedback with leadership provided to the team in order to accomplish the GFS & AZ goals.
• Multitasking and ability to create excellent team work collaboration environment.
• Priority sense is a must.
• Assist in better business decisions by provision of financial expertise and insightful analysis to all ad hoc queries
in line with SLA and provide support to on-going projects.
• Ensure corporate governance standards are met, taking accountability for effective operation of relevant
financial reporting controls.
• Identify opportunities for standardisation and simplification across the process area on a continual basis.
• Be a change agent.
• Qualified finance professional or equivalent, with 10+ years’ experience in accounting/cost/manufacturing.
• English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability
to explain financial issues to non-financial management.
• Experience of change management and building engagement.
• Sound understanding of the finance processes in the scope of GFS Global Services.
• Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams.
• MS Office and SAP proficiency.
• Team Supervisory/proven people management experience.
• Cross-boundary experience, including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally.
• Experience of working in a customer orientated organization.
• Knowledge of Pharma Industry.
• Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
• Commercial and Manufacturing Business Partners and CFOs
• Customer Leads and Finance Leads in GFS.
• Group Finance (Global Team).
• GFOs (Global Finance Operation).
• Other AZ Community.
• Third parties such as PWC, EY and Genpact.
• Schedule flexibility to work on holidays when necessary.
• Flexibility and Ability to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
• Schedule flexibility to work on the days off given by the wellness Policy when necessary (Política de Bienestar).
• American Visa.
According to the company policies, the candidate must prove that there are no situations that generate a conflict
of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COI is considered as an objective requirement of the
position. To know beforehand the weightings of COI contained in the policies of the company, consult the Human
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status,
race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil
partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.