Franchise Project Manager - Precision Medicine
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Creating a more agile and inclusive environment means building an inspiring culture where we celebrate innovative thinking. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first.
The Diagnostic Project Management group provides project and portfolio management to our Precision Medicine portfolio within Precision Medicine, Project, Portfolio & Operations. We are committed to the successful delivery of diagnostic projects - from initiation to regulatory approval - and to optimise delivery of precision medicines. Furthermore, we drive continuous improvement processes for providing accurate portfolio information for decision making, business reporting and resource management.
You will be project managing a prioritised portfolio of projects at Franchise/Programme level. Collaborating with several cross-functional diagnostic teams, you will ensure diagnostics are delivered within agreed time, budget and quality. To achieve this, you will define and champion best practices and effective ways of working (as a key member of the Precision Medicine Project Management Centre of Excellence), and provide hands on project management.
This role depends on close collaboration with Diagnostic Franchise Leads, Diagnostic Team Leads and their respective project teams, and with members of the Project Management team who will work alongside you. Your goal is to implement the diagnostic strategy, with external diagnostic partners, to drive the delivery of the diagnostic.
You will lead project reporting at Franchise level, coaching Information Managers to ensure accurate data is being recorded in our enterprise planning tool (PLANIT, Planisware), to inform strategic enterprise-level planning and resource prioritisation.
Typical accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
Ensuring diagnostic project plans are aligned with drug development timelines
- Driving a consistent approach to project planning and delivery to achieve project management excellence
- Coaching project team to ensure efficient management of projects
- Coordinating project plans and investment proposals for governance
- Preparing reports to assess progress, enable resource prioritisation, identify synergies, align risks/mitigations
- Creating and managing project plans to track and drive delivery of major achievements
- Handling project costs aligned to investment decisions and FTE resources aligned to project needs/ forecast demand
- Creating and updating project risk logs, driving mitigating actions with diagnostic project teams (also developing Franchise level risk management strategies)
- Building progress reports to track delivery to time, cost and quality
- Ensuring efficient operational running of Diagnostic Project Team meetings e.g. ensuring: prioritised agenda, strong facilitation to drive decision making, action management
- Project management experience within a wide range of different scientific disciplines/pharma environments, including discovery, development, portfolio management, operations and manufacturing can be considered
- BA/BSc in relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
- Professional project management qualification (e.g. PMP)
- Solid understanding of Project Management techniques, tools and principles
- Extensive experience in scientific project management within a pharmaceutical or clinical background
- Thorough understanding of drug and/or diagnostic development processes
- Experience of global team-working and an excellent communicator
- A professional, enthusiastic and proactive approach with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload
- High-level understanding and interest in Precision Medicine
- Expert reputation within the business and industry
- Experience of using PLANIT (Planisware)
We provide competitive salary and benefits package.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.