Clinical Science Liaison - Quebec
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Position Title: Clinical Science Liaison
Position Type: Regular, full-time
Location: Quebec - Field based
Career Level: D
In this position, you are responsible for ensuring clinical practice leaders (e.g., community specialists, local general practice leaders, and diverse healthcare decision makers) have the disease awareness and product understanding to support the use of AstraZeneca medicines. You will meet the increasing need of the expanding group of clinical influencers who are looking for up-to-date, accurate medical information to improve patient care. You will work closely with field-based customer-facing roles in Medical Affairs (e.g., Medical Science Liaison) and Commercial (e.g. sales representatives and first line sale managers).
Your responsibilities will be:
- Develop scientific partnerships with clinical influencers to ensure the safe and effective use of AstraZeneca's marketed products
- Deliver disease education programs and emerging clinical data; build connections with the clinical community to support evidence-based changes in medical practice, including guideline implementation
- Respond to unsolicited requests for product information from clinical Specialists or General Practitioners submitted through the commercial organization
- Scientifically discuss unapproved indications and products as requested by Specialists
- Implement market shaping activities within community healthcare (e.g at GP/nurse or pharmacy level)
- Support speaker training by building speaker interest and deepening scientific knowledge of the speak
- Deliver sales training on assigned products to improve sales representatives’ scientific knowledge and understanding
- Seek scientific insights from key clinical practice leaders to build brand strategies and medical activities
- Participate in Key Account Management meetings at local/community healthcare institutions and accounts, offering key insights to shape our business
- Serve as expert on products and maintains up-to-date knowledge at all times
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or working towards a professional qualification and/orin a relevant healthcare field, such as Nursing, Pharmacy, Respiratory Education, Respiratory Therapy), MSc, PhD, PharmD is an asset
- Clinical experience/knowledge of asthma or supporting Healthcare Professionals who manage asthma (e.g., Nurse, Pharmacist, Physician’s Assistant, Primary Care Physician, Respiratory Educator or Respiratory Therapist)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build affiliations with internal and external influencers
- Knowledge or experience of the pharmaceutical industry; prior experience in a field medical role is ideal
Next steps - apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.