Talent and Reward Manager
AstraZeneca is a leading global biopharmaceutical company. We believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
At AstraZeneca Malaysia, we aim to be the fastest growing pharmaceutical company in Malaysia in the therapeutic areas of cardiovascular, diabetes, oncology and respiratory. Through this ambition, we are confident that we can transform the lives of Malaysian patients by ensuring that they have access to life-changing medicines. Working here means being a member of our family in making a difference in delivering better health for Malaysian patients.
You will be part of our exciting HR team in supporting multiple SET areas in the area of Talent and Development, and Reward.
Your main responsibilities include:
Talent and Development:
- Design, develop and execute talent programs as well as engagement events as required by business.
- Create and update local learning content by managing development planning, being full responsible for Talent & Development process across all SET areas partnering with HRBP to ensure right succession plan for BCR´s (Hipo+).
- Engages with key stakeholders and HRBPs to shape and define the components of the business area development plan.
- Ensures that there is effective measurement in place to assess the business value achieved in our talent and development programs.
- Provide insightful challenge and direction to business leaders which is based upon strong analytics and to continuously develop the compensation and benefit framework, ensuring AstraZeneca remains competitive in its ability to hire and retain the best talent.
- Lead the delivery of all cyclical compensation activities in line with established global and local parameters, for instance the annual merit / bonus / LTI cycle, job evaluation.
- Ensuring all compensation policies are understood and implemented in day to day reward decisions and wider HR strategy/policy formulation by working closely with HR Business Partners. In particular, you will provide compensation expertise for all hires / transfers / terminations / business change activities to the HR teams.
- Leads and manages the manpower budgeting process as part of our annual business planning cycle.
- You should have a Degree and/or Masters in any relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of up to date theories of professional development, management development, learning theory, training methodologies and channels.
- Experience of designing and implementing reward policies, process and procedures.
- A strong track record in effective engagement and partnering of Senior Management Team.
- Working understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and/or the finance shared services industry.
- Ability to influence, challenge and deliver constructive advice, diagnose and resolve problems and positively influence change.
- Demonstrated actions for continuous learning and improvement.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.