Retail Sales Representative
AstraZeneca is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare: gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory, cancer and infection.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Our Retail Sales Representative play a pivotal role in Positively influence customers’ prescribing & dispensing behaviour through AZ customers, patient programs & in-store availability to achieve sales targets. Develop territory and build strong customer relationships with the objective of maximizing sales volume and market share of total AZ brands portfolio based on assigned customers and territory. Aggressively driving campaigns and activities to ensure brands availability, avoid switching and patient’s adherence programs to ensure performance is in line with company objectives.
Your job responsibilities include:
- Sales Achievement & Commitment
- Regularly monitor territory’s sales performance to initiate appropriate actions to ensure performance is in line with objectives.
- Ensure brands availability at all defined top and potential accounts.
- Aggressively drive campaigns to avoid switching loss.
- Constantly drive activities to increase patient’s adherence program with pharmacies.
- Define join marketing opportunity to ensure performance is in line with company objective.
- Negotiating trade deal with strong commitment via partnership contract with key pharmacies customers to achieve desired business goals.
- Business Planning
- Gather market/competitors’ information to identify territory business opportunities.
- Covering targeted chain and potential independent pharmacies among national territories.
- Cover defined customers with the right frequency per month.
- Propose territory business plan and allocate resources (e.g. call activities, budget), for optimal sales impact through alignment with KAM/NSM/TM.
- Manage resources efficiently by targeting to customers of greatest potential to increase product awareness in the market.
- Explore joint-business partnership opportunity with Pharmacy.
- Effectively execute initiatives (Patient Program, Campaign, etc) in accordance with channel strategy and company policies.
- Explore and expand new customer base in line with SFE guidelines.
- Customer Focus and Service
- Update territory customer segmentation classification, database and call records continuously in AZ sales tool system.
- Update and share sales and market performance with respective pharmacy customer to close sales gap by identifying opportunities to drive business growth.
- Deliver key promotional messages within approved detail aids to educate pharmacist on AZ products and in compliance to RA and medical guidelines.
- Build relationship through trust and credibility with customers by demonstrating professionalism acting within the AZ Code of Conduct at both HQ Procurement/Category Manager and Pharmacist at branches.
- Degree holder and above in any field, preferably business/marketing/science related.
- Candidate with strong sales experience in Pharmacy background will also be considered.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in sales with consumer healthcare/Pharmaceutical
- Good commercial acumen and relationship building with customers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & negotiation skills.
- Must be self-motivating and result oriented.
As a leading pharmaceutical company in Malaysia and globally, we provide opportunities for career development and industry competitive remuneration
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.