【HR】Talent Acquisition Lead
We are building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
This means we are opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Talent Acquisition at AstraZeneca has transformed.We have built a world class function by being more proactive with our recruitment approach and developing long term pipelines of talent.
We are passionate about delivering a truly differentiated candidate experience and are building in-house teams to deliver this for the business. If you are motivated by the opportunity to drive that change then join us!
- Based in Tokyo/Osaka HQ office, the Talent Acquisition Lead for Japan has responsibility for developing and implementing recruitment strategies in partnership with HR Business Partners, Senior Business Leaders and Hiring Managers.
- Working proactively and anticipating talent needs, you will also provide recruitment forecasting and develop and execute robust sourcing plans.
- Collaboration is key and you will work with colleagues across multiple locations to identify and fill vacancies with top talent in a timely and cost-efficient manner. You will also actively manage executive recruitment activity - including the screening, interviewing, pre-selecting, offer management and managing the hiring administration process for executive roles.
- This is a key opportunity to work as part of our cutting-edge in-house talent acquisition function. As well as working at senior level, using a broad range of influencing techniques.
- The Talent Acquisition Lead will deliver the recruitment service & recruitment strategies for AZKK in partnership with HRBPs and hiring managers to identify and fill vacancies with talented individuals with the right capability and skills in a timely and cost-efficient manner whilst also advising the business about recruitment responsibilities, legal requirements and appropriate candidate management.
- You will be single point of contact to the Business/Hiring Managers and HRBPs and will develop, own, implement and manage the recruitment strategy for AZKK.
- Considered an expert in Talent Acquisition, you will ensure both internal and external Talent Acquisition insights are captured and shared.
- Building key relationships across the country, and operating credibly at senior executive level, you will collaborate with the HRBPs to support and have input into the Strategic Workforce Plan (SWP) and external Talent Acquisition requirements.
- You will demand forecast ahead of time, develop and execute proactive talent acquisition strategies to meet the current needs of the business and build a pool of qualified candidates to meet future anticipated business requirements.
- You will be personally responsible for the end-to-end talent acquisition of senior critical hires to AstraZeneca in Japan while providing an outstanding customer experience (Hiring Managers and candidates).
- Collaborating with HR Business Partners and other Centres of Expertise (CoE) to co-design and implement best-in-class programs and processes that align with business requirements whilst ensuring country recruitment services are aligned to Global Recruitment framework/policies/guidelines & goals.
- You will be involved in supporting global talent acquisition programmes, employee referral program, recruitment advertising, recruitment communications, recruitment sourcing media, sourcing planning and graduate and emerging talent recruitment etc. and act as a brand ambassador and social media expert continuously advising and coaching stakeholders on best practice.
Management of (whilst keeping to a minimum) vendor relationships where necessary and managing those relationships to ensure top level candidates are attracted to AstraZeneca will be a requirement of the role along with sharing vendor performance feedback with the Vendor manager.
- You will monitor the effectiveness of the Talent Acquisition processes, recommend and implement program additions and enhancements to optimize results whilst also developing and monitoring any country talent acquisition dashboard/metric.
A proactive and curious approach is needed to identify opportunities to drive innovation and continuous improvement to add value and share insights across the business.
- Significant experience of working within a Talent Acquisition role, in-house or in a head-hunting or Executive Search company
- Demonstrable competence and accountability in managing full-cycle recruiting activities
- Experience of creating and driving a recruitment strategy in an area or region
- Experience in managing executive search partners and managing senior hires
- Proven track record working with Social Media and Recruitment Marketing
- Networking, gravitas and stakeholder relationship capabilities
- Highly customer focussed
- Project Management experience
- Experience managing a global budget
- Understanding of both online and offline sourcing techniques and tools
- Excellent relational and communication skills, active listening, proactive approach, ability to interface with Managers at different levels of seniority
- Language: Native level Japanese and business fluency in English
- Educated to Degree Level
- Corporate recruiting experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.