Vaccine Medical Science Liaison - HANOI
External Medical & Scientific engagement
Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders (OLs)
- 60% of time in field engaging HCPs and external stakeholders across territory and brands
- Proactively identify HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medico marketing activities
- Development and implementation of OL engagement plan in collaboration with MSL manager/line manager and TA lead. Review with the MSL manager/line manager and MAM this plan every quarter, develop OL visit plan- this includes pre call visit/engagement plan with clear objective of the visit, key points discussion for the visit, data to be shared and discussed with the OL.
- Develop own scientific knowledge for discussion on all aspects of the data to be shared with OL in a scientific, objective and balanced way through 1:1 discussion. Prepare for such interactions with peer group discussions. Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, presenting such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner. Develop database of Key opinion leaders and also provide recommendations for advisory board participation
- “to proactively provide scientific updates and information to OLs and identify the relevance of the data to the scientific community
Build and maintain trust-based relationships with external stakeholders
- Build AZ relationship with key external stakeholders (e.g. patient advocacy groups, key medical organisations, hospital pharmacy). Find opportunities to collaborate with such external stakeholders. Provide scientific support in CME events and through appropriate medical sponsorships/ partnership.
- Act as scientific expert in the disease area(s) by presenting therapeutic updates to external stakeholders
Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medicalneeds in priority disease area(s)
Work with HCPs in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding such as:
- Identify and recommend OLs for Advisory Boards.
- Identify potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate.
- Interact in the field with the medical community in the context of various medical projects, such as clinical trials, , ESRs, scientific exchange meetings
- Discuss potential involvement in LCM such as ESR and RWEs
- Respond to unsolicited off label questions from KOLs
Able to conduct basic discussions on clinical trials in terms of study design and feasibility
Medical & Scientific Support for internal stakeholders
Act as scientific expert in priority disease area(s) for internal stakeholders
Continuously acquire and update necessary scientific knowledge on therapeutic area and relevant compounds.
Provide the AZ internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitor information
Provide regular update on partnerships with HCPs, as speakers, or in the context of medical projects
Initiate and conduct appropriate AZ staff training & development on information regarding current and emerging clinical data and emerging trends in clinical medicine and practice within TA
Provide input for the development of company’s Medical and Brand plans
To work with internal cross functional team on formulary listing.
Provide scientific support at AZ sponsored educational events
Continuously demonstrate development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) of company focus
- Attend relevant scientific congresses and HCP meetings to gather new knowledge on AZ compounds, competitor information and therapeutic area
- Positive engagement and response to coaching and feedback received from MSL manager and TA lead.
- In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on areas agreed with MSL manager as priorities for development. Develop functional capability in the role
- Proactively demonstrate the AZ Values
- Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager using the 70-20-10 principle (experiential learning, coaching/networking/relationship-based learning and class room training)Active participation in AZ training, projects, and meetings depending on development needs
Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and also to comply with local country codes
- Keep regular update and operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, Ethical Interactions (EI), including GPEI and SOPs
- Be sure to understand AZ policies when engage to KOLs and external stakeholders
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or working towards a professional qualification
- Thorough knowledge or experience of the pharmaceutical industry and the area of field medical liaisons
- Ability to interact and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Advanced scientific degree
- Understanding of multiple aspects within Medical Liaisons
- Project and team management experience
- Experience in vaccine industry if based on Hanoi
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.