Senior Supply Chain Analyst - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our West Chester Supply Site is a very dynamic and growing manufacturing site within the AstraZeneca Global Operations network and is located just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. In addition to serving as the global COVID vaccine production site for AstraZeneca, the West Chester site encompasses Bulk API Microsphere manufacturing, Aseptic Pharmaceutical Formulation, multi-line Isolator/Barrier Vial and Syringe Filling, and specialty Packaging Operations for Vials and Auto-Injectors that supports growing franchises in Diabetes, Respiratory, and Vaccines. Our site is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries with over 700 people collaborating to connect powerful medications to patients in more than 60 countries around the world. We focus on providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. Being able to bring your full self to work every day is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. On-site amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to community outreach, sustainability, health and wellness and social events
The Senior Supply Chain Analyst (SSCA) is responsible for support of all elements of the WCH Supply Chain team planning process and the Global planning processes. The SSCA will attain and maintain compliance with all system access required (SAP, IDM, OCM and so on) in support of the Supply Chain team. The SSCA is an active member of the WCH Supply process, with daily interactions with internal customers (PETs, BETs), external customers (Global Supply Chain), and vendors. The SSCA acts as a key contact for day-to-day activities in support of the supply planning process at WCH.
What you'll do:
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient with logic programming.
- Develop specific business process analysis and reporting to aid achievement of Lean and simplification (3Vs).
- From analysis, select specific follow on actions to help improve current ways of working.
- Lead root cause analysis of variance against Supply Chain targets and metrics and continue to evolve and build appropriate KPI’s to track. Report KPI’s to Supply Chain Leadership Team for relevant weekly/monthly reviews.
- Help prepare analytical data for AP i.e. 5-10 year capacity outlook, LRP, PB.
- Monitoring of consumption of materials and replenishment stocks
- Measurement of OTIF for inbound suppliers, including status of open POs and resolution of quality issues impacting OTIF performance.
- Support of placement of purchase orders for availability of starting materials for production process.
- Inventory monitoring of all production starting materials in line with global stock targets.
- Support for the evaluation of safety stock levels, minimum order quantities, and lead times to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assist in the material disposition process and material destruction process.
- Provide support to Procurement for credit issues with vendors.
- Coordination of the return of defective/rejected material with QA, Procurement, Warehouse, and suppliers.
- Maintains complete and current knowledge of material requirements, production processes, issues affecting product availability, and production disruptions.
Planning & Scheduling
- Coordination with PMPs and PETs to ensure that production can meet customer demands.
- Supports scheduling of production and events according to manufacturing rhythm.
- New Product Introduction.
- Coordination with NPI Lead for New Product Introduction and Launch deliverables.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of cGMPs, SHE, SOX policies and regulations
- Detailed knowledge of SAP, Material Resource Planning (MRP) and Advanced Planning Systems and related to pharmaceutical production processes
- Ability to understand and apply Lean principles
- Systems savvy – ability to become proficient in computer systems and applications
- Strong knowledge of production supply chain principles
- Customer-focused mentality, with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve desired business results
- Minimum 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas- Filling operations, Packaging Operations, Production Planning, Quality Assurance, Packaging Technical Services, or MRP and Advanced Planning Systems
- Good interpersonal and project management/coordination skills required
- Must be analytical, assertive, detail oriented, highly disciplined, independent, and able to prioritize with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated high-level attention to detail
Desirable for the role:
- MRP and Planning related to pharmaceutical production processes
- Experience with change management
- Technical Document Management (TDMS)
- Proven ability to work independently and professionally in a cGMP-regulated environment
- Knowledge of inventory control and document management systems
- Previous experience with SAP
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.