Formulation Technician - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our West Chester Supply Site is a very dynamic and growing manufacturing site within the AstraZeneca Global Operations network and is located just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. In addition to serving as the global COVID vaccine production site for AstraZeneca, the West Chester site encompasses Bulk API Microsphere manufacturing, Aseptic Pharmaceutical Formulation, multi-line Isolator/Barrier Vial and Syringe Filling, and specialty Packaging Operations for Vials and Auto-Injectors that supports growing franchises in Diabetes, Respiratory, and Vaccines. Our site is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries with over 700 people collaborating to connect powerful medications to patients in more than 60 countries around the world. We focus on providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. Being able to bring your full self to work every day is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. On-site amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to community outreach, sustainability, health and wellness and social events
The Formulation Technician is a direct labor position reporting to a Process Execution Team Process Facilitator on the Manufacturing floor. This position will require working in various Controlled/Non-Classified areas. The Formulation Technician operates equipment, performs in- process monitoring, line clearances, OEE data collection, cosmetic inspection and completes batch record entries in accordance with cGMPs.
6pm-6am role with rotating days on/off
What you’ll do:
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping activities for assigned areas as required to maintain a cGMP environment.
- Perform batch record and GMP documentation entries. Maintain records and/or logs as required in performance of job responsibilities. This will include mathematical computation.
- Knowledge of product security controls including controlled substance handling and outgoing quality.
- Be able to start up and make minor adjustments to machinery.
- Computer on-line may require some data input. This includes SCADA and HMI entries.
- Perform the duties of operating assigned machinery consisting of servicing machines with materials, removing finished materials from machine tables, and assuring smooth flow of product.
- Perform visual and physical checks of in-process and finished materials as requested.
- Knowledge of light material handling equipment (non-motorized lifts).
- Perform inventory control and reconciliation activities, which may require use of SAP.
- Familiarity with chemical handling and spill control procedures in connection with hazardous waste pick-up duties.
Essential for the role:
- High school diploma or GED required and 1 year of experience in a pharmaceutical or GMP regulated environment
- Must have the ability to effectively understand, read, write, communicate and follow instructions in the English language.
- Good attention to detail is required.
- Individual must be capable of keeping accurate records and performing mathematical calculations.
Desired for the role:
- Prior production experience and experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and FDA policies/procedures.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.