Packaging Operator - Newark, DE - Global Operations
AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Packaging Operator in Newark, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
Shift Work is available.
This position is responsible for producing packaged pharmaceutical products in a safe and efficient manner, complying with cGMP’s, SOPs, and site safety procedures.
- Operate packaging equipment (tablet fillers, thermoformers, labelers, case packers, etc.) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must understand and comply with cGMP’s, SOPs and site safety procedures.
- Verify correctness of product and components for the NDC packaged.
- Supply equipment with components and product. Lifting requirements may be up to 30 lbs.
- Perform detection system challenges on applicable equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance, changeover, set up, and troubleshooting of packaging equipment.
- Clean and purge packaging equipment.
- Accountable for accurately documenting packaging and cleaning activities in Packaging worksheets, Equipment Cleaning Logbooks, and within performance tracking systems (Traksys)
- Perform quality attribute inspections and in-process testing (torques, induction seal integrity, leak tests, appearance, etc.)
- Rework packages according to SOPs or Rework Packaging Order to correct deviations.
- Attend regular SHE and GMP meetings
- Share knowledge with co-workers for training purposes.
- Work effectively in teams to meet monthly demand requirements.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and efficiency improvements.
- Participate in deviation investigations and help drive to root cause using tools such as 5- Why.
- Accountable for Line performance (OEE) and able to report hourly status of line to affected personnel to ensure timely resolution to issues. (i.e. Facilitators, Engineers)
- Must be able to work other shifts, weekends, alternative schedules when production demands require
- Must be flexible to change.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills
- Good interpersonal communication including verbal and writing skills
- Experience in a production environment
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical production (i.e. cGMPs)
- Associates Degree or higher
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.