Lean Academy Programme Administrator - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca we pride ourselves on our ethical approach to business both in the way that we work internally and the way we interact with the third parties that support our business. Delivering life-changing medicines is about doing the right thing – ensuring that our standards are upheld, and risks are identified and managed effectively across our supply chains. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lean Academy Training Coordinator to join the new Americas Lean Academy team based in Newark, USA, part of the Operations Lean Centre of Excellence.
The new AstraZeneca Operations Lean Academies provide situational learning environments where Lean concepts, systems, skills/techniques and behaviours are brought to life for those within AstraZeneca.
AstraZeneca Operations in Newark, is one of the world's largest manufacturing units for pharmaceuticals. Here, we thrive in a high-tech and LEAN-based environment where we value collaboration, continuous improvement work and smart solutions highly.
The new Americas Lean Academy will provide situational learning environments where Lean concepts, systems, skills/techniques and behaviours are bought to life for those within AstraZeneca.
In the role as Lean Academy Programme Administrator you will be responsible for managing full logistical and administrative support for the Lean Academy - collating programme nominations, confirming attendance on individual cohorts and managing reserve lists. You will be accountable for liaising with programme participants from initial invitation to final programme feedback summary – effectively first ‘port of call’ for participant and line manager queries, especially during engagement and induction.
You will administer individual and team questionnaires, compile materials, host the Virtual Academy and collate attendee feedback. You will also be responsible for performing a variety of secretarial, administrative and project-oriented activities to the Academy and COE teams, coordinating complex meetings and off-site events, diary arrangements and travel in line with AZ policy. You will also support the preparation of a budget and overall accountability for managing and monitoring the day to day transactions of the programmes cost centres.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven Administrative experience
- Ability to follow processes
- Evidence of good, clear written and spoken communications and strong skills in written and verbal English language
- Specialist knowledge in relation to administrative/business support activities in the relevant area
- Competent in the use of relevant office equipment and systems
- Experience of a variety of software/systems
- Can create and maintain systems for efficiency for both self and others
- Customer Service, stakeholder management and engagement at all levels in the organization
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Independent proactive worker with high attention to detail
- Willingness to be creative, flexible and pick up a variety of tasks
- Ability to deliver quality work at pace
- Relevant vocational qualifications or equivalent experience
- Team management skills
- Professional qualification
- Change Management/Project Management
- Basic understanding of Lean
- Experience of working in, and knowledge of Operations
Why AstraZeneca? Our offer to you
When we at AstraZeneca see the chance to change, we take this opportunity - for every opportunity, no matter how small, can be the beginning of something big. Delivering medicine that changes people's lives is about having an entrepreneurial spirit - finding moments and understanding its potential. We are therefore looking for you, who together with your team will make a difference for patients' lives every day. We at AstraZeneca welcome your positive attitude and your desire to develop both yourself and the department. You will get use for your drive and your ability to work carefully and structured even at a high tempo.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.