Facilities Mechanic - 2nd Shift
This is a 2nd shift role: Monday-Thursday, 3:30 pm-2:00 am.
Are you seeking an excellent opportunity in a global pharmaceutical company to apply and grow your industrial maintenance mechanic experience? If you enjoy performing Preventive, Corrective, and Predictive Maintenance, mechanical and electrical equipment troubleshooting and repairs, and applying Lean Leadership behaviors toward continuous improvement, then an Facilities Mechanic position would be a great fit for you.
The AstraZeneca Newark Supply Site in Newark, DE, was established in 1971 and currently employs approximately 260 people. Over the course of these years, Newark has undergone many product portfolio changes since it first began as Stuart Pharmaceuticals through today as the designated AZ North America Packaging Center of Excellence and a Flexible Formulation site for the global supply of complex products. The site provides a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. It’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. To help maintain your best self, here’s a sneak peek into some of the things this site provides for you: on-site fitness center access, lunch & learns, sustainable office working environment, team, site and family activities, life-long learning, diversity & inclusion, tuition reimbursement, and dining center.
This is a 2nd shift role: Monday-Thursday, 3:30 pm -2:00 am.
Facilities Mechanic collaborate to support a 24x5 operating model. Technicians would need to be available on-call as needed during other/off shifts and weekends whenever facility, production and/or equipment maintenance coverage is needed.
The Facilities Mechanic would need skills/knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
- Millwright skills
- equipment setup and teardown
- shaft and pulley alignment
- bearing replacement
- belt replacement
- pump replacement, etc.
- HVAC skills
- changing filters
- taking airflow readings
- System operational checks
- Repairs to dampers
- Sensor replacements
- Electrical skills
- wiring 3-phase motors
- troubleshooting with multimeter
- Basic 24V DC system troubleshooting
- Basic 480V AC system troubleshooting
- Knowledge of
- Piping systems
- DI water systems
- Air handlers
- Electrical controls
What you'll do:
- Perform Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on equipment in the assigned areas including: Inspections, general maintenance, scheduled overhauls, and duct cleanings
- Use analytical troubleshooting skills to recognize system and equipment problems, identify true cause, and recommend/ implement solutions that prevent problem reoccurrence
- Perform mechanical and electrical equipment repairs in the assigned area including set-up/change-over, routine adjustments and fabrication
- Perform and document work in compliance with SOP’s, Safety Health & Environment (SHE) standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) including work orders, PM’s, logbooks, and permits
- Respond to multiple equipment/production problems and prioritize or change assignments as needed to meet production demands
- Support installation and qualification of new equipment and systems
- Work with Supervisors, Operators, Engineers, and other Mechanics to identify and implement opportunities to improve equipment/production efficiencies.
- Participate in cross-functional teams as assigned to support continuous improvement or equipment installation/modification
- Provide training/coaching as needed to other mechanics and operators
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum three (3) years of mechanical and/or electrical maintenance experience
- Must be able to work or be on-call as needed during other/off shifts and weekends when facility, production and/or equipment maintenance coverage is needed
- State accredited Journeyman
- Associates degree in a technical subject area, completion of a technical school program, or equivalent formal technical education
- Field experience and demonstrated proficiency in any of the following subject matter areas: mechanical maintenance of production equipment, utility systems maintenance and repair, electrical maintenance, instrumentation and controls, and/or mechanical fabrication/machine shop.
- Demonstrated understanding and operational familiarity with PC/PLC control systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical cGMP maintenance practices
- Facilities and utilities equipment maintenance experience including HVAC, boilers, air compressors, purified water, and electrical distribution systems
- Material Handling equipment maintenance experience including automated cranes, conveyers, sorting systems, and forklifts
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development.
So, what’s next:
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.