R&I Primary Care District Sales Manager (Brooklyn, NY)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
We are taking bold action on climate because we recognize the connection between healthy people and a healthy planet. As part of AstraZeneca's flagship Ambition Zero Carbon program, we have committed to a fully electric vehicle (EV) fleet by the end of 2025, which means that all of our drivers will be assigned an EV.
The AstraZeneca’s US BioPharma Respiratory and Immunology (R&I) Team holds a unique position in respiratory disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by using novel combinations, biologics and devices. The pipeline also has several promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. As a District Sales Manager for R&I Primary Care Team, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to the Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists (PSS) in order to achieve performance objectives; this is accomplished by achieving field day requirements and through effective coaching, mentoring & utilization of resources aligned with interpersonal vision.
- By developing people, drive business by observing your PSSs’ interactions with key customers, providing him/her with individual mentorship and feedback to develop them for success in current role and for future growth.
- As a role model and a liaison, you'll encourage dedication, trust, teamwork and motivation for the shared vision by facilitating team communication, morale and efficiency within the work unit and cross functional teams.
- Actively seek to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by building relationships, identifying strategic business opportunities and delivering innovative solutions.
- Lead multiple priorities and resources related to individual and group efforts. Take ownership for redirecting efforts as needed to deliver high efficiency and quality of work from self and others.
- Demonstrate strong business ethics, understand basic business principles and interpret resources available to make sound business decision to help achieve standards of business excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ proven success in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare sales
- Leadership capabilities
- Financial management experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- 3+ years Pharmaceutical Sales Leadership experience
- Exposure and/or experience in other functional areas of the business (e.g. Sales Training, Customer Solutions, Sales Operations, Managed Care and Marketing)
Please note - Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The annual base salary (or hourly rate of compensation) for this position ranges from $153,000-$188,000. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, our positions offer a short-term incentive bonus opportunity; eligibility to participate in our equity-based long-term incentive program (salaried roles) or to receive a retirement contribution (hourly roles). Benefits offered included a qualified retirement program [401(k) plan]; paid vacation and holidays; paid leaves; and, health benefits including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Additional details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. A culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.