Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist – Hospital Cardiovascular, Manhattan NY (includes East Side North and South)
Are you an experienced Sales Professional looking to be part of a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If you’re passionate about what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist – Hospital Cardiovascular in Manhattan NY, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to have positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVMD is a patient-centric approach to disease treatment, so we are tackling multiple risk factors by uniting our cardiovascular (CV), metabolic and chronic kidney disease (CKD) areas into one integrated approach – cardiovascular and metabolic disease (CVMD). This approach means we look at the CVMD patient as a whole rather than by disease area, because we know that cardiovascular disease is a well-known consequence of diabetes and CKD. Each of ours focus areas seek to further reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
What you’ll do
- You will develop and implement territory business plans centered on Interventional Cardiologists and other specialty customers. These plans will focus on performance and execution impacts that properly identify and prioritize activities to accomplish short- and long-term business goals.
- You will apply knowledge of health care industry trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmaco-economics and the payer/reimbursement landscape).
- You will analyze these factors in the development of business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines.
- You will demonstrate a deep, clear and thorough understanding of the disease state and relevant competitor products, including their mechanisms of action, indications, efficacy, and safety.
- You will collaborate with a territory matrix team on identifying business opportunities and developing appropriate tactics and strategies. By fostering team effectiveness, you will share accomplished goals, knowledge and experiences. You will drive market share growth and maximize sales performance.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales OR 3 years sales experience in scientific/clinical/healthcare environment OR proven experience & knowledge within healthcare ecosystems
- Account management experience
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Evidence of strong established relationships with local Interventional Cardiologists
- Two or more years Hospital selling experience
- Experience working in the Cath Laboratory
- Detailed knowledge of business drivers, dynamics, regulations and market access environment within the pharmaceutical industry
- Skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network
- Strong business analytics to analyze data as well as develop, execute and adjust business plans
- Ability to work in matrix teams
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
So, what’s next!
- If you are interested, please apply.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.