Digital Therapeutics Engineering Lead, Oncology - (OFR0250)
Title: Digital Therapeutics Engineering Lead, Oncology
Location: New York, NY – USA
We are making significant investments in our Digital Therapeutics delivery capability. As part of this investment, we are crafting a team passionate about delivering Digital Clinical Trial Support, Digital Therapeutics, and Digital Patient Support capabilities.
We seek a leader to run our Digital Therapeutics Engineering focusing on the oncology therapy area. The ideal candidate for this role is an authority with experience delivering patient facing solutions, an eye for good design, and most importantly a deep understanding of delivering high quality sustainable solutions. You will act as a capability lead by partnering directly with Product Management in our Oncology business unit. We expect you to not follow industry trends but help us own the industry trends. You will be encouraged to form a vision for your team in partnership with our partners demonstrating your experience and the constantly evolving landscape of technologies and partnership plays including mobile devices, wearables, sensors, electronic medical records (EMR), electronic health records (HER), PMR, and digital health algorithms. When it comes to our patients, nothing is off the table. You will lead all aspects of the delivery of multiple product engineering teams.
We grow with exploration of ideas, leadership and having teammates who are highly collaborative through the good times and bad. Put simply, this means having humility, fueling inspiration, encouraging others through exciting times, taking accountability for your work and your team, feeling the need to continually raise the expectations of yourself and others, and lastly being a true engineer who is capable of solving sophisticated problems.
- You will be accountable for leading the team members, along with supervising the technical delivery of both the team and our 3rd party partners. This is a very senior role on our team. We are expecting that you will demonstrate your deep technical experience as well as vast proven experience in the delivery of our applications. We would consider any individual in this role to a true leader, highly technical, and inspirational. As your team grows, don’t be afraid to hire someone who is “better than you”. Individuals with this role will lead technical strategy and will influence on a global level, typically leading global teams based in multiple countries. You will influence the image of our Digital Therapeutics organization.
- You should expect that you and your team will primarily be delivering patient and health care provider facing mobile applications and web applications leveraging our digital patient and digital therapeutics APIs. You though your team will not own the APIs, your team will be encouraged to chip in to them as they would in an open source environment.
- Given the scope of these solutions, our work usually comes with a high degree of risk. The leader we are seeking for this role must have a significant amount of knowledge around mitigating that risk through accurate design and engineering practices. You will be encouraged to turn threats/risks related to security, privacy, and regulatory into a competitive advantage through a planful risk-based approach to enable the team to stay efficient and remain ahead of the industry. To be successful in this role, you will need to have an extensive knowledge related to cloud computing, regulatory, security, privacy, software engineering, and ethical use of patient information.
- Integrity and trust are very important to us. You must have unwavering dedication to “doing the right thing”, specifically around legal and ethical concerns. Our patients are most important to us and we expect everyone to follow this priority.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Preferred experience with prior medical solutions delivery with GxP requirements, oncology related solutions delivery, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent degree is preferred but not required. We will hire self-taught engineers, designers and leaders without a formal education given you have evidence of rich history of software engineering and/or product delivery.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.