Maintenance Facilitator - Metrology / Critical Utilities - Mt Vernon, IN - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Mt. Vernon site was established in 1972 and is the flagship site delivering innovative, life changing oral solid medicines. At the site we formulate and pack OSD tablets, capsules, powders and liquids to over 60+ markets. The Mt Vernon site is the largest AZ production site in the US and is located in the southwest corner of the state of Indiana, approximately 15 miles from Evansville, Indiana – the third largest city in the state of Indiana. The Mt. Vernon site is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives.
The Maintenance Facilitator - Metrology – Critical Utilities is responsible for ensuring all assets are operating and maintained. This includes scheduling of all maintenance activities, coordination of technical resources, and technical trouble shooting. This position requires extensive collaboration within the PET, other maintenance facilitators, and with OEM suppliers as well as management of maintenance team. This position is the primary owner for all assets and will have responsibility for leading a team of mechanics.
What you’ll do:
- Provide career development and performance management for mechanics and ensure all training is current and appropriate for technical staff. Aid mechanics in preventive maintenance optimization and modification documents.
- Lead training program to educate department in order to develop continued understanding of maintenance. Promote and encourage continuous improvement in efficiency, quality, production, and safety through the use of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), team driven processes and key performance indicators and recognition and rewarding high performance.
- Promote and demonstrate the use of safe work practices during all aspects of production and ensure all external and AstraZeneca SHE standards are met daily. Influence a continuity in work methods and standards (LEAN development).
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role.
- Manage scheduled maintenance, reactive maintenance, and changeover activities daily, maintenance apprenticeship and development programs. Provide troubleshooting and technical guidance to mechanic and technician personnel. Ensure manpower and core competence are met for each team. Drive root cause analysis of machine failures.
- Maintain presence across multiple operating shifts.
- Ensure alignment to SHE and GMP (change control) compliance and improvements.
- Review, approve, and implement change controls and CAPA’s. Ensure accurate documentation practices are maintained consistently to company standards in manufacturing documents, training documents, and CMMS.
- Assist in investigations and recommend/implement solutions to resolve deviations.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelors in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in GMP or regulated production/R&D environment, specifically responsible for equipment performance.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft applications including at a minimum Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of SAP PM.
- Training or experience in the applicable following technologies: mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum technology, electronics, programmable logic controllers, refrigeration, freeze drying, test equipment for electrical and mechanical trouble shooting, HVAC, aseptic/controlled environment.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge or previous experience in managing maintenance programs.
- Experience in Six Sigma/analytical trouble shooting skills.
- Experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this great opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.