ETS – Site IT Technical Lead - Mt. Vernon
ETS – Site IT Technical Lead – Mt. Vernon
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES TEAM
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a strong focus on experience.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
The purpose of the Site IT Technical Lead role is to lead a local team of skilled & specialist IT professionals who will manage, deliver and actively drive improvements for the IT infrastructure, tools and services that directly support the workforce across their site. The role will have an in-depth understanding of ETS technologies and services as well as the delivery organisation, their operations, SPOC and engagement ways of working. In Liaison with technical/service capability owners they will document the technical landscape of the site ensuring its current and future performance will meet business need. They will document the workforce requirements at a persona level to enable effective delivery of world-class services including a thorough appreciation of the impact from IT on business critical activities for their site, including CMDB data. They will represent ETS (for demand and supply) via a network of site stakeholders and site Leadership Team. They will have responsibility for consistency in delivery of AskIT, Onsite & VIP services for their site, they will also have responsibility for delivery of OCS Services directly aligned to the Operations IT & Onsite service strategies. They will be accountable for the proactive engagement and adoption of technologies by the workforce via effective communication and training in liaison with Service Owners or providers. They will manage any other locally sourced or specific services for their site and manage contracts tightly, ensuring efficiencies and CSI approach. They will ensure local IT teams in Marketing Companies are fully informed and engaged regularly as a network to support a globally consistent approach to services.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Service Delivery, Performance & Exploitation:
- Responsible for the highest levels of user experience and satisfaction for all services delivered into their site including new service introductions which must have engaged with our ATS processes. Work with required teams and Service Improvement Lead on Site SIPs as required to increase satisfaction and Pulse scores.
- Responsible for proactively managing expectations and enabling colleagues to exploit our services at a site level through communication, education and awareness, referral to specific services that underpin delivery including Service Levels and leveraging of effective core IT processes.
- Accountable for service performance levels attainment of owned services, utilising standard global dashboards and visual performance management available media to see daily, weekly and monthly service attainment, risks and issues and linkage to service improvement plans.
- Responsible for driving service standards, engagement with global processes and ensuring local infrastructure is lifecycle managed in liaison with any local Site/Marketing Company/Commercial Business function.
- Embed and operate a high level of knowledge of key ITSM toolset and processes, performance measurement platforms and reporting capabilities ensure they are understood, utilised and support daily run of service across the team.
- Acts as an escalation point for high-priority service issues relevant to their site and support the resolution of issues working with the Command Centre, Owners and business aligned BTGs, attendance at bridge calls.
- **Responsible for the delivery of OCS specialist services working directly with the IT Direct Channels Lead for strategy liaison on technology and equipment. Daily run of OCS services to a set of global standards and operating procedures ensures the service delivered is globally consistent for the site.
- **Responsible for the delivery of AskIT, Onsite & VIP services as OneIT with the Direct Channels Lead for global strategy, a set of global standards and operating procedures ensuring the services delivered at the site are globally consistent.
- **Oversee/manage lifecycle management of local infrastructure working closely relevant ETS Tower on the currency of servers at the site to ensure resilience and minimise business risk.
- Ensure the delivery of asset build/provision services in the site working closely with Direct Channels Lead for relationship with the service delivery partner.
- Support project planning and delivery for site impact and change. Assist with requirements gathering, impact assessment, project planning and ultimate delivery into a site, calling out appropriate niche needs and/or resource.
- Support project delivery of any site footprint changes, including site expansions or reductions and put demand into delivery organisation.
- Ensure IT is carried out in a compliant manner in the site, including asset management, SOx, GxP and IT security, internal and external assurance activities are executed and outputs actioned. Implement global/direct controls and influencing non IT personnel appropriately.
- Partner with IT Quality Management & IT Security experts to ensure input of specialist knowledge for compliance aligned with regulatory requirements, customer expectations and IT strategy.
- Champion the use of ETS technology and service catalogue adoption across the site and avoid duplicate or parallel technologies/services introduced locally.
- Identify and execute opportunities to automate, consolidate or rationalise IT service delivery in the site in agreement with service owners.
- Work with Remote Channels Lead to ensure IT Remote Service Channels are developed, promoted, adopted and content is enriched for local use in local language in the site.
- Work with broad IT community to have a detailed understanding of site roadmap activities and service innovations/new features to support deployment in the site.
- Explore and identify opportunities to bring non ETS supported Infrastructure & devices to global ETS standards & support scope, e.g. backups, servers, DB’s, networks, end user devices etc.
- Responsible for driving a culture of self-service and use of global workflows to drive further efficiencies across the site.
Leadership & Relationship Management:
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure our technologies, services and the way we deliver them meet customer needs now and in the future. Represent ETS as required on local leadership teams.
- Manage technology partners effectively where local agreements exist to ensure AZ is getting world-class levels of service, benefiting from innovation and continuously improving delivery.
- Build and lead a strong local technical team focused on colleague centricity and relationship management, attention to detail, ‘right from me’ attitude and takes end-to-end ownership. Ensure the team can work directly with capability leads, convey technical into business process. Continuous learning and training approach.
- Be a key member of Regional IT Technical Team to ensure you have input to overall service strategy. Conversely ensuring the depth and breadth of the GS&E team responsibilities is understood by all roles in a site and they know who to go to for help.
Function / Team / Location
- The Site IT Technical Lead will be a member of the Regional IT Technical Leadership Team and reports to the Regional IT Technical Director.
- Direct Line Management of local team and/or may also support/coach others through matrix structure in ETS.
- Role may have 1 site or multiple sites they are responsible for.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
Essential Skills & Experience required:
- A passion for delivering world-class service continually challenging in pursuit of the user experience and striving for improvement performance.
- Fluent in English written and spoken, second language beneficial but not essential.
- Significant experience in the Bio/Pharma or Retail industry for service
- Thought Leader, with ideas and solutions for service delivery and exploitation
- Strong technical understanding across a range of technologies/domains.
- Superb communication and engagement skills and a proven relationship management professional
- Strong stakeholder skills to manage local negotiations, expectations and resolutions.
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- Strong experience working in a standards/governed/compliant environment
- Proven track record of owning and delivery IT Services in large organisation.
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow ITSM Toolset or similar.
- Proven experience managing local vendors, contracts, renewals, RFP activities.
- Leader and team player – sets example for team and others to follow, effective collaboration across your region with your peers.
- Strong experience managing, developing teams with an open, honest, accountable and collaborative team environment.
** dependent upon site location and the breadth of service offerings and business functions on a site.
WHY JOIN US
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.